Monday, January 14, 2013

Pregnancy 'Glow'

I would definitely say it was a glow the first few weeks.. making it past the first trimester, knowing my baby was healthy... knowing we were starting our family, I feel like I grinned from ear to ear all day everyday. I had ZERO morning sickness.. so I had no reason to do anything other than enjoy being pregnant.
Fast forward to 32 weeks. I am feeling HUGE. My nose is spreading. My hips hurt at the end of the day. My feet hurt. I hate wearing pants. I sweat a lot.
I get it. Trust me, I know this is what is supposed to happen. I know that mommy growing is baby growing. That does not make looking at myself everyday any easier.
I know I can lose it again. Once Victoria is born I can really focus on eating healthier, getting back in shape, if anything it will be almost fun getting to recreate my body. I want my daughter to be proud of me, I want her to think I am the prettiest mom ever. I want my husband to be even more attracted to me then before I had our baby.
I am surprised at how many people feel totally comfortable to tell you exactly what they think as far as your weight goes. "You look great, you have only gained in your stomach and face".. "the whole rest of your body doesn't look bigger at all"..."Youre going to be skinny again right after you give birth". I truly appreciate how everyone is only trying to make me feel better. I know everyone only has the best intentions and it is my own openness that makes people think they can make those comments to me. I think I prefer the -lets pretend I haven't gained weight at all and not even acknowledge it- way even more. I am still debating not going in public at all after February 1st. We will see lol.
On a side note...below is a picture from my shower that my parents hosted yesterday. Please take note of my niece Isabella. Girlfriend LOVES cake. It was so cute, I cut the first piece and said "Who wants the first piece?" and she immediately picked up her plate and handed it to me. SOO CUTE.. And of course, she got the biggest piece of all. Man I love that kid.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner