Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Childbirth 101

So we had our first childbirth class last night... the good thing is, so far, I am not scared and I still want Victoria to come out lol. We went over dilation of the cervix, played with a balloon.. which I was getting a drink during that time so I kind of missed what that was supposed to represent lol.. and got a tour of the Womens and babies hospital. The hospital is really beautiful. They just added a new maternity wing not too long ago, the rooms are private, bathrooms are big and there is plenty of room for visitors. Is it awful that I don't want visitors until I have had some sleep? Just knowing how exhausting the entire day of delivery is going to be makes the idea of visitors awful to me lol. I want to be showered and have make up on before people come see and want to take a million pictures.
Like 20 minutes into the class I whispered to Dan "I cannot believe we are sitting in childbirth class right now".. I remember he and I talking about us having a baby and when we decided we were ready etc and its funny because I really don't remember thinking about anything other than the fact that I wanted Dan and I to have a baby. I kind of forgot about the whole being pregnant thing, the whole giving birth...preparing for the baby, baby classes, breastfeeding, etc.. and now its all sort of hitting me at once as baby girl is getting closer and closer to being here. I am so anxious to see her sweet face. Will she look more like me or Dan? Will she be dark like Mommy or fair like daddy? What will her temperament be like? Oh sweet girl, I hope you know just how loved you already are... :)  
And now for everyone's pleasure.. lets check out a dilated cervix.... LOL

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner