Tuesday, January 26, 2016

the one where I AM TWO MONTHS INTO BREASTFEEDING!

I made it to two months!!
My first big goal!
I am so, so happy and proud!
 
Im feeding the baby without crying. Without jumping and cringing every time she latches on. I can shower and use a towel without any pain. Im pumping and freezing breastmilk.
I am literally in disbelief at the difference from the start... hell, even the difference to a week ago. It is totally true that it all gets better over time. I had many moms tell me the 6-8 week mark was when the first noticed a major difference. Here I am at 8 weeks & it seems to be the magic number for me. I still find myself doing the best when I can feed her at home and with my Boppy pillow but I have been a little more brave as far as venturing out in public knowing I will have to feed her. And by more brave I mean I have done it twice lol. Nipple shields, nipple shells, nipple pads, nipple cream, mastitis, meds, clogged milk ducts, multiple trips to the lactation consultant, feeding my baby every 2-3 hours, the shooting pains, cracked nipples. Here we are. 8 weeks and going strong. Like really strong. She has never had formula, never had a bottle (which is going to be a pain to break her into lol).. and just doing so amazing. It feels so awesome getting to say she is living off of Mommy's breastmilk. I find myself almost bragging when I say she is an exclusively breastfed baby. I am so thankful to the moms who were so helpful to me these past two months, I could not have done it without you (too many of you to list).
I will however make this point: I do NOT feel that my bond with Ava is any stronger than it was with Tori just because I am breastfeeding Ava directly vs how I pumped for Tori. My bond with both of my girls is equally as strong. Your bond with your child is not based on how you feed them.
I also feel more strongly about mothers trying harder to stick out the breastfeeding. I want any mother who reads this to know you can contact me anytime if you have a question or really just need a kick in the butt to keep going.. to keep working through the pain (it does get better!), the inverted nipples (you can work around that!), the all day long pumping (eventually you can space it out!), the tears (tomorrow will be a better day), the infections (medicine will work), feeling like you aren't getting enough milk (you just need to build your supply more, it doesn't come out of thin air!).
 
It. all. gets. better. 
(and if it doesn't- formula will be just fine)
 
 
 

2 Kommentare

  1. Heck yes momma!!!!! Welcome to the EBF club ;) so proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. God the whole towel and nipple thing was AWFUL! Moms that stick it out? Just as awesome as moms that don't. But still. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner