Friday, January 22, 2016

the one with an update on Miss Sassy pants aka Tori

Oh this girl of mine. My first born. She has kept me on my toes since birth. Mastered the look of annoyance with her Mother since she was a week old. You can imagine how good at it she is now, almost 3 years later.
The past few months as Tori has gotten closer to the age 3, I cannot get over how much she is learning. SHE IS TOO SMART FOR HER OWN GOOD. She is singing her Abc's like she has been doing it for years, she can memorize and repeat anything she hears (and she does, so we are extra careful), she is counting to 10 in English.. and counting to 5 IN SPANISH. Yes, her "quatro" is a little more like "quatraroa" but she gets the point across. She is counting THINGS in Spanish, like she totally gets that it is numbers she is saying-not just words. Orcas, Pumas, jaguars, Dolphins.. she is obsessed. It is hilarious. What toddler talks about Orcas or Pumas? Seriously. Dan mentioned to her that we could go to the zoo this summer and she is SO excited. Last night before bed she said "Mommy, we go to the zoo? I see a Puma.. I hold it in my hand?". Ok, so she doesn't get that you cant hold a Puma, but whatever, small details.
With all of her amazing vocabulary and picking everything up like a sponge.. she is also gaining quite the attitude. For two days in a row now she has told me that I need to go in time out for making her upset. She knows exactly what she wants to wear.. oh and exactly what she doesn't, which is just so fun. She puts her own toothpaste on her toothbrush and soap on her hands.. and don't you dare try to do it for her. She is still not particularly easy to take in public. She is good until she is over it, and then when she is over it, watch out because she will make it known. We are dealing with some issues like her wanting a surprise everytime we go out which is a hard habit to break. Screaming. Her scream. The blood curdling scream. Sends chills down my spine. The neighbor girl commented to me that she "never heard anyone scream like that before". Yay for me and Dan. Tori still loves school but lately when I have been dropping her off she cries for me and doesn't want me to leave. The teachers say as soon as I leave shes fine again and they noticed she only started doing that when Ava was born. She might be jealous that she is getting dropped off at school and Ava is getting to stay with Mommy. Which then shifts into bedtime. Tori has been the queen of sleep for awhile. Loves it. 12 hours a night no questions asked. I miss her 3 hour naps she would take in the middle of the day. Anywho- since Ava has been born shes started fighting us a bit about bedtime. And waking up about an hour earlier than she usually did. Im not sure if that is because Ava gets to sleep with me or what but its my theory for now.
So long story short: things are always changing. Tori is growing wonderfully, getting so smart and giving me a run for my money each and every day..

One thing she has absolutely mastered: being a big sister. She is truly the best.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner