Thursday, January 14, 2016

the one with the surprise Wednesday

I have said it once, I will say it again. There is no point in having this blog if Im not going to be totally open and honest.
Do not read on if you are squirmy or just don't want to know too much.
At my 6 week check up Tuesday, it was found that I had some placenta left over inside of me from giving birth to Ava. According to the doctor, this is not good. Words like hemorrhage, cancer, dangerous, bleeding.. they were all used. I was freaked out. This was on Tuesday and by Wednesday morning I had a 7am appointment for a D&E. Pretty much the exact same surgery I had when I miscarried back in 2014.
I was prepared as I have had the surgery before.. but it was a long day. I stressed to everyone I had talked to that I am currently nursing and it was a long road to get there and I was not willing to have that get messed up. Ava wont take a bottle. I have tried a few times now and she isn't into it. There was no way that in a matter of 24 hours I was going to have her figure it out. The solution to this was that I would bring Ava along to the hospital with Dan and I, nurse her right before surgery.. and then be out of recovery in time to nurse her again right after as needed. Luckily she gave me a solid 5 hours of sleep overnight so I did get some sleep before having to wake up at 6am, get ready, nurse her again and then head to the hospital. Luckily once we got to the hospital, everything was on time and worked out perfectly for feeding her. We were in and out of the hospital within 3.5 hours. I wasn't too scared of the procedure at all until they actually took me to the operating room. Bright lights. Cold. Lots of people. They strap you down. It is all really intense and with no control of my ever-so-anxious crazy brain I started getting freaked out. The beauty of anesthesia, within a minute of my anxiety picking up.. I wake up and everything is all over. The surgery went perfectly. I couldn't be more thankful. I got to come out of surgery and go to my husband and baby Ava.. and then head home to my dear toddler who was so excited to see me.
Recovery has been fine. Bleeding a little and some cramping which isn't pleasant but nothing major. The hardest part is that I can't pick up Tori. No carrying or lifting anything over 20lbs. Tori has been pretty understanding that "Mommy is sick" and she has to be more gentle with me. It is amazing how much more adult-like and understanding she is getting closer to the age 3. Recovery was said to take about 2 days and today I am feeling pretty good. No vigorous workouts or sex for at least two more weeks. Then hopefully, all of this will be behind me and I can finally get to enjoy this part of family of four life!

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner