Saturday, June 27, 2015

the one with lemon blueberry zuchinni loaf

A friend of mine has this huge, beautiful garden in her backyard and she gives us some goodies whenever they have extra (which happens to be pretty often).
This visit, she gave me a bunch of zuchinni's. I immediately headed to PINTEREST to find something fun and yummy to do with the zuchinni. I also wanted to be able to make something with ingredients I already had in the house.
This brings me to Lemon Bluberry (or Raspberry, whichever you prefer) Zuchinni loaf.

Ingredients:
-2 cups all purpose flour
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-pinch of salt
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
-2/3 cup of sugar
-1/2 cup milk (I used whole)
-1/4 cup of fresh lemon
-1 cup blueberries
-1 cup shredded zuchinni

a few notes on the ingredients: add lemon as you want. I love lemon flavored food so I go lemon crazy! Also as noted above: use apple sauce rather than vegetable oil to make it healthier. Zuchinni needs to be shredded but not tiny.

Steps:
-preheat oven to 350 degrees
-mix the dry ingredients
-mix wet ingredients
-mix that all together & fold in zuchinni/blueberries
-put into 9' loaf pan
-cook for between 40-45 min

You can add icing on top of this after it cools off and the icing will harden.

ICING:
-1 cup powdered sugar
-lemon juice
-some milk
Mix this all together so its the consistency you like and put it on the loaf once cooled.


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner