Wednesday, July 1, 2015

the one where I relive our honeymoon

Our honeymoon is one of my most favorite trips I have ever taken. In honor of our four year anniversary tomorrow I thought I would do a little recap of our adventure.
When we went (just a couple of days after the wedding) Dan had never been to an all inclusive at that point so it was especially fun getting to experience that first together. I let Dan be totally in charge of the honeymoon because for me, I had alrdy done the all inclusive thing and I was really open to going anywhere and everywhere. He is a researcher (as opposed to me who would find the first place that said POOL BAR and chose that).
First let me start with I HATE flying. Not so much that I wont do it, but so much that I cry, shake, throw up.. you know, totally normal and fun stuff. Thankfully this trip would only be four hours long so I was open to it. Fast forward to getting on the airplane and getting ready for take off.. and this big guy who didn't seem like a typical flight attendant comes over to Dan and I and says "Im sorry but youre going to have to follow me off the plane right now"... WHAT THE HECK?! Dan and I both had a panic that totally came over us and the attendant tells us he was just kidding and Dan says "Dude, not funny! We are heading on our honeymoon right now and my wife HATES flying!" The attendant laughs and leaves, then comes back a minute later and tells us we are being upgraded to first class. WIN!!!! Youre telling me I hate flying, Im on a plane going to my honeymoon in Mexico and now I am getting to do it FIRST CLASS where I can drink all of the rum and cokes it will take to get my jitters to stop for FREE?! Awesome.
The Valentin Imperial Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico.
The resort was so, so beautiful. My only complaint would be that there were a lot of swamps around it which were cool to look at, but made for a TON of mosquito bites. We went through the bug spray we had taken with us and had to buy more at the souvenir shop because seriously, we were covered. Our room was so beautiful. A HUGE Jacuzzi tub, this super sexy shower stall, a beautiful king size bed that was always covered with flowers and cool towel animals, a little deck area.. We were in heaven. We got very comfortable very fast and our first order of business was food lol. Anyone that knows my husband knows that is ALWAYS his first order of business (hence me gaining 30 lbs within the first 2 months of dating haaha). We decide to have the tub run because it was filling super slow. Bad idea. By the time we got back from eating the tub had completely overflowed. I was DYING LAUGHING. There was something hilarious to me about the fact that it happened on our first night there and that we had to call the front desk to have a bunch of workers come help us clean it up and bring us like, 100 towels. None of the food there was particularly amazing except for the Mexican restaurant (imagine that). We tried a different restaurant each night and it was very fun getting all dressed up. There was this really cool little coffee shop we would go to in the afternoons for a reboot (included on the resort) and every night we would go to this one particular bar and have drinks, dance and play connect four (yes you read that right and side note: I ALWAYS beat Dan).
Meeting people.
Dan and I are people people. We love hanging out with others, drinking, socializing, getting to know people. Extroverted to the max. We loved being at an adult only resort, it seemed everyone there was there for the same reason. Grown up, alone, partying time. We met an awesome couple who were from New York. A young couple who were really similar to us. The boyfriend wanted to play in the ocean and go as far out as he could and crash into huge waves (just like my husband) and the girlfriend wanted to lay out and work on her tan, entertain her bf for a little in the water and then hang at the pool bar (my dream come true). I only got drunk one day out of our whole trip. Dan and Anthony went to the ocean for awhile.. Liz and I hit the pool bar. By the time the guys got back I was pretty gone. There was a pool event going on and Dan participated.. something about kicking a ball across the pool into the goal.. Dan missed, I chanted "A$$HOLE!" on the top of my lungs and the host of the pool party telling Dan "Good luck" for being married to me LOLOLOL. OH my. One of the best days.
Excursions.
We went swimming in this amazing cave. The water was freezing cold and crystal clear. We went ziplining and ate at this legit Spanish restaurant.. it was in the middle of the jungle(probably the only time the whole trip I was scared lol) and was ran by this adorable Spanish lady. We also checked out the Mayan Ruins which it was super hot and sticky out for but it was awesome. A really cool thing to experience and a nice reminder that the world is so so so much bigger than we realize. I didn't end up participating in the rope thing (which I cant remember what its called right now).. where you like, go down a rope from somewhere really high. It freaked me out. We also did some market shopping where we got a few souvenirs.
Thinking back to this was fun and definitely made me realize I cant wait for another trip like that with my husband. I am thinking a cruise next time. We had so much fun just getting to be us, enjoying each others conversation and just being together. I really recommend anyone getting married should budget for a honeymoon. Life changes so much and getting a honeymoon later down the road just doesn't happen. Houses do. Kids do. Jobs do. Life does. I am glad we got to take advantage of our early years together and as our kids get older, Im looking forward to having that all over again.

Now for a picture overload. (Man, to be tan and 110 lbs again LOL)













0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner