Thursday, June 18, 2015

the one with our gender reveal

I am so not a surprise kind of person. I hate surprises. NOTE TO ANYONE who ever thinks "Hey, Itd be fun to surprise Ang for her bday-Xmas-Vday". Don't do it. I wont like it lol.
This rolls over onto my pregnancies. The whole giving birth thing is surprise enough for me, so yes, I want to know the gender ASAP. Like as in, the day I find out I am pregnant, that would be great.
Things have changed a little since I had Tori. My OB now offers what is called the "Harmony blood test". It is a blood test done around 10 weeks of pregnancy. They take my blood (it in no way affects the baby)... then they send it away to a lab which dissects my blood to find the fetal cells (crazy, I know).. and from there, the blood test checks for a couple of different trisomys (they give you a high risk or low risk response and then you still get an ultrasound to do an old school way of looking for those things) and then they can also tell you the gender because they can check the chromosomes that the baby has. So I have known the gender since about 12 weeks.

Our baby has XX.
IT'S A GIRL!
 
I found out over the phone while sitting in the Giant parking lot. I was beyond shocked. I dont know.. I just could not imagine another Tori. She is so beautiful, smart, sassy.. I cant imagine what another girl is going to look like. When I was pregnant with Tori I literally KNEW she would have my skin and Dans lighter hair and eye coloring. I told everyone, and then she was born.. and she has grown into exactly that.. my little light brown curly haired, blue eyed girl. I wonder if since I cant imagine this baby girl's looks it means they will be way different? Dan says he hopes she looks like Tori.. I say I hope she has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes so I can take credit for at least one child's looks lol.
Anywho.. how I told Dan:
He had work that day so once I found out, me and Tori went on the run looking for anything we could find that said 'little sister'. It was actually harder to find than I was expecting. Finally, Target saved the day. We found an adorable tshirt and pants set that said "Little Sister" on it. When Dan got home from school we were sitting out back and I said to him "You have to see what Tori picked out for the baby today"... he read it and goes "aw, that's cute"... and about a minute later it processed & he was like "WAIT?! WHAT?! LITTLE SISTER?!" and started laughing a nervous and surprised laugh. He couldn't believe it either. Can we handle another Tori? LOL. I used that adorable outfit to pretty much tell all of our family and close friends. I was very pleasantly surprised at how exciting it was to find out she is a GIRL even though I alrdy have one girl. I wasnt sure how it would hit me but it was just as awesome as finding out Tori was a girl.
I love being a girl mom. I love all things girl. The colors, the fashion, the time together, the way we cuddle.. the way we know each other on such a deep level because we are two of the same. I know I will also love all things woman. The relationships. The lunches together. Shopping together. The advice. Watching my girls become women who then become mommies. Or doctors. Or not. Whatever the want, because they are mine and I will always support anything and everything they do. My girls, my best friends for life. I am so so so lucky and happy! And I could not be more thrilled to raise two little ladies who will also be the best of friends and support each other through life.
 



1 Kommentar

  1. Yay! So fun. I do kind of wish I had another shot at raising a girl. But Letty will have to be my one and only! Amazing things coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner