Saturday, May 2, 2015

the one where I make the BEST soup ever

This soup was seriously amazing, I ate it for dinner (2 bowls) and then even had some for lunch the next day. It was also EASY... and I had everything I needed for it right in my fridge :) Try it, you wont be disappointed!

Ingredients:
-Premio Sausage (I used a mix of the spicy and sweet... you can make this soup healthier by using chicken sausage)
-Apx. 6 cups of chicken broth (You can use low sodium)
-A bunch of kale
-2-3 Russet potatoes
-Whole milk/heavy cream (whichever you have around)
-Onion powder
-Red chili pepper flakes
-Salt/Pepper to taste after soup is finished

How to:
-I squeezed the sausage out of the casing and fried it in a frying pan. I let it cook through (but not too well done) and then added the kale to the pan.. I then cooked both of those things together until the kale was wilting and the sausage was cooked even more.
-While that was cooking I sliced potatoes thin. (Note: I did not remove the skin off of the potatoes, wanted the extra nutrients)
-I then transferred the sausage/kale to the crockpot.
-Top the sausage and kale with the potatoes and throw on the listed seasonings.
-Fill your crockpot mostly up with the chicken broth(apx 5 cups) and then top with some water(1/2 cup).
-Let cook through until your potatoes are cooked (I did 6 hours)
-Put a splash of milk or heavy cream to make the soup a little thicker and change the color a bit and let cook for another 20 minutes or so (enough just to get the milk/heavy cream hot)

*We bought a really good loaf of Italian bread from Giant's bakery to use for dipping

ENJOY... AND YOU'RE WELCOME :)





0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner