Wednesday, May 27, 2015

the one at 13.5 weeks and a scare

This post is a bit on the TMI side but hey.. if I am being honest and not just showing the -fluffy- good stuff in life, then what is the point of a blog?
I had a huge scare yesterday but all is ok now so I can talk about it.
Yesterday morning I headed to York for a real estate appointment. Days in York usually means I get some time with my Momma which is always fun. We had lunch and a shopping day planned. After my appointment, we go to Cracker Barrel as it is close to my new listing and Dan hates any chain restaurant so I am able to go to one when hes not along (lol). We are waiting in line to be seated and I thought I laughed too hard or something and had a trinkle. LOL. Ladies, you know how it is... it happens sometimes when you are pregnant. Or after you have given birth. Of course Tori didn't want me to go to the bathroom alone and I end up taking her with me. I go to the bathroom, look down and the most terrifying sight: blood. A lot of it. I must have had it written all over my face, as soon as I come out of the bathroom I tell my mom we have to go right now, I am bleeding and need to call the dr. When we walk out of the door of the restaurant I just lose it. Im crying and shaking and every terrible thought you can imagine is going through my mind. Having just had a miscarriage in October, that was the first thing that came to mind. But how could I be having a miscarriage at almost 14 weeks?! The dr told me once you make it to your second trimester you are 95% likely to complete the pregnancy. This couldn't be happening. How would I tell everyone? Would we try again? Could I put myself through this again? Every. worst. possible. thought.
My mom kept Tori for me and Dan was able to leave school and meet me at triage. I could not even kind of fathom hearing any bad news by myself. We were scared. We could not be losing this baby but what else could it be? Why would I bleed this much? What can we do?
After about an hour and a half of lots of waiting (seriously why do Emergency rooms suck and why are they so slow?!) a nurse came in and said she wanted to listen to the heartbeat. She told me not to freak out if she couldn't find one they would do an internal and try that way. She tried for a minute or two and me and Dan were just sitting there looking at each other so scared and I kept thinking about how we have heard the heartbeat a couple of times already when nurses have used that same device so she just had to find the heartbeat.
Fast forward two minutes or so and a couple of adjustments and there it is... our sweet, beautiful baby's heartbeat. Such a huge relief. Dan kept saying he couldn't believe it. We were both getting prepared for the worst case scenario but there it was, in all of its little baby glory, a sweet, sweet heartbeat. Thank you God.
We were both so relieved and then still worried about what was wrong. By the time the Dr came in and checked me all out (3 hours after we got there) she said everything looked great. My cervix was thick (no sign of miscarriage or anything of that sort) and since the nurse found the heartbeat she "wasn't worried". REALLY?! But yep.. the Dr said a lot of women bleed when they are pregnant and a lot bleed throughout the entire pregnancy. They are only worried at all if you are bleeding so much that it is through a pad (again, sorry for the TMI). She said there is no definite reason for why women bleed. Could be stress, sex, too much exercise, too much running around, too much anything. The resolve from this was to take off work/the gym for a couple of days and just take it easy. I am already feeling much better today. The bleeding has let up. It is still there but barely. Definitely not like yesterday.
I really debated posting about this but the fact is, this will probably be our last pregnancy and this is all a part of the story of our baby #2. The baby that I keep telling Dan is going to be the chill and go with the flow child. But if yesterday was any indication of their temperament, we may have our work wayyyyyyy cut out for us! Please prayers our way as I am feeling better and hopefully the rest of this pregnancy is smooth. This weekend is 14 weeks!

2 Kommentare

  1. Oh my god my heart stopped reading this! I'm so glad you heard her sweet heartbeat and the docs said it was okay. I may have said this on Saturday but my mom bled something awful and totally healthy babies. It's so scary. So glad everything is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Wishing you all the best and wishing you a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery!!!! God bless you and your family!!!!👣

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner