Monday, March 10, 2014

Plan vs Reality

Inspired by a fellow blogging mom, I decided to blog today about the same thing she did. The topic was where she thought her life would be in 5/10 years based on her high school self and then where the reality actually was. So my "then" would be when I was 18. My ":now" is today, 26.5 years old.

Then (5 year plan):
I would be graduated college and living in a big city. I would have had a super awesome job, working public relations for some awesome celebrity who paid me lots of money and bought me lots of nice things. Everyone would want to know what I was wearing, where in the world the said celebrity and myself are going to next and what gorg celebrity Id be dating. What can I say? There is little more I love than the feeling of being busy, travelling, fashion and getting my picture taken hahaha. Public relations for a celebrity would be the perfect fit. I also always thought Id live in a big city because NO ONE in my family leaves York lol. I thought New York would be the perfect location. I do not think of serious relationships. I date around. I don't get too attached. I will not commit my life to a guy until I am 30.

Reality (5 year plan would have taken me to 23 years old):
I would be living in a bigger city than York, but not New York lol. Lancaster city. Turns out the half hour difference from there to York was exactly the amount of space I needed. I sell real estate full time. I have a job where I make my own hours, can dress up, get to interact with people, help people and be my own boss. Those things all happen to be my new most important things I need in a job. I am engaged to be married. To a teacher. A super nice, low key, sweet guy who doesn't take my crap and pushes me to do things and experience things I never thought I would. I cant wait to get married. Take note: my 18 year old self would have seen me as a mother before a wife, that's how NOT into marriage I was lol.

Then (10 year plan)
Lets be honest. My 18 year old self did NOT think that far into the future.

Reality (It has only been 8 years not 10, but you get the picture).
I work in the real estate industry. I love what I do. I am a mother to my beautiful 1 year old daughter. I am happily married. I like to workout and do it regularly. I still love all things fashion and celebrity. We live in the city but are buying a house outside of the city to raise our children. Yes I said children.. and no I am not pregnant. I just dream of our growing family and am excited to give Tori a sibling. Someday lol. Its weird that I live such an "ordinary" life but somehow, its EXTRAORDINARY. I think when I was younger I was so anti the "typical" life because I didn't understand what it meant. I thought it meant losing myself. I didn't understand that it didn't mean I was boring or that somehow I was too good to lead this sort of life. I am not defined by my life, I am defined by who I am. Yes, I am a dedicated wife, yes, I am a mom who plays on the floor with her baby and goes grocery shopping and to the library. I also am loud, and wild... and laugh all the time. And sassy. And weird. I like to be adventurous. I like to experience life WITH my family. I like to build memories WITH my family. The life I have now is so, so much more than I ever knew it could be. I am so lucky and blessed!


1 Kommentar

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner