Friday, March 28, 2014

13 months

I suppose this is the time of Toris life where Im supposed to stop counting months and start counting years but I cant. She is still growing and changing regularly.. everyday learning something new, showing off some new skill, picking up a new facial expression.
Lately she is more and more into making noises. It is adorable. She spits and sticks her tongue out and makes silly faces while shes doing it. She climbs on anything and everything. I love seeing her use her body more as a person. I noticed it a lot today. She was going after a ball.. and just watching her like lay on her belly, use her legs to reach, stretching her arms out and looking under her chair to get the ball.. she seemed so much more grown up in that moment. She sits in her toddler car seat (rear facing no worries people lol)... her baby stroller which her infant seat used to latch into is now in our guestroom and has been replaced in my trunk with another much smaller, lighter and easier to use stroller. She eats real food. She had a GRILLED CHEESE for lunch yesterday and ATE THE WHOLE THING (without crust). She still only has two teeth so I have to be careful with what I feed her but she pretty much eats whatever. She has a tree nut allergy so we are still staying away from that stuff but in a few months the dr said we could try introducing it to her again slowly. She likes oatmeal.. eggs.. peanut butter (not a tree nut)...her puffs... ok, lets be honest, there is not a food we have found that she doesn't like lol. She is also taking steps now. The past two days it has been 3-4 steps in a row! Crazy. The first time she did it I started crying. It was weird. I didn't think I would be that mom who would cry at that sort of stuff... but I was. I was just so happy and so proud. Seeing her personality and all of the learning she is doing, its hard to explain. She really is the thing I am most proud of in my life. She can hug and kiss on command. She HATES getting her diaper changed. She HATES getting dressed. She loves bath time. Outside of Dan and I she has a special connection with her Aunt Sum Sum and her Grandpa (Joe..Dans dad). They are two people who she especially lights up for, reaches for when she sees them, etc. It is really fun seeing her develop these bonds. She is definitely getting really close with Isabella too. Izzy just loves her baby cousin so much and you can tell shes really having fun with the fact that the older Tori is getting the more interactive the two of them are becoming with each other. I love love love to watch them play. It solidifies my feelings that Tori must have a sibling!!! ;-)
Update on the house process is just that we are officially in mortgage mode. Lots and lots of paperwork.. and this weekend we are going to start packing!
Spring seems to officially be here which I am so happy and excited for. We have been going to the library for baby mania once a week which is a lot of fun, we usually go on at least one shopping trip a week right now (no, we aren't spending money Dan don't worry lol), we try going to market.. and we are SO READY to add the park to this. I cannot wait to see my little girl walking around the park, to push her on the swings, take her down the slide. Between the new house, Tori and then Dan finishing up the school year.. we are about to embark on a really amazing chapter of life together.

Welcome Spring, enjoy everyone!


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner