Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Clothing swap

I LOVE clothing. Seriously, I am obsessed with fashion. I can look at anyone and instantly dress them in my head. Top to bottom. What sort of outfits would best fit their body shape, accessorize, how to wear their hair.. and after a short convo, whether or not that look matches their personality/lifestyle.
My girlfriend Courtney invited a bunch of us ladies to her house for a clothing swap a couple of weeks ago. She said find things you don't really want/need anymore that are still in good shape and bring them over.. We can all go through the clothes and pretty much trade them. At first this might not sound like it would be quite as successful as what it actually is. When you really go through clothing that you don't wear anymore and it just taking up space you will be surprised how much of it varies in size... in style, etc.. and just how much clothing you have that you really don't wear anymore and is just taking up space. I ended up taking a couple of dresses over and a couple of tops. Everything was in great shape.. my one dress I love but I have worn it about a million times (from my honeymoon)so I was just over it at this point.. another dress I also loved, was pink and lacey (I wore it to the Diffenderfer rehearsal dinner) but had shrunk a little so it was officially too short for this mom's liking.
Anyways, so I get there and there are 7 of us total with major body size differences. A chick who is 5'10.. a couple of C cup chests, a couple of A cups, a couple of chicks with tiny waists and so on but I couldn't get over how many options there were for EVERYONE. Legit everyone there left with at least 1 full bag of new clothes that were in great shape and cost NOTHING. I left with 2 new sweater dresses, 1 pair of black dress pants, a new purse, 2 short sleeved dress tops (perfect for work), a hoodie, a new bottle of dry shampoo (that someone bought and ended up not liking the smell) and 3 dressy sweaters (perfect for work).
Anything that was not chosen by someone got put back in a pile and taken to the Salvation Army.
I cannot stress how amazing this clothing swap was! I cant wait to do it again. I think we have decided to do it again for Spring in a couple of months.

Girlfriends + Wine + Clothing = <3

Some of my fav summer 2014 looks:




0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner