Monday, March 17, 2014

New house

I think I am ready to say it out loud. We have sold our house and bought a new one! We have been working with the buyers of our home for months now and it has seemed like we were never going to get here.. to a place where the settlement was finally in our view but here we are! If all continues to go as planned we will settle on the sale of our home in mid April and we will close on our new home a couple of days after. The buyers of our home are being fabulous and letting us move out as we need/can because they don't need our house right away or even have a plan for it right now.
The home we bought is in Grandview Heights which is my absolute FAVORITE neighborhood in Lancaster. I lived there before for about a year when I moved out of my apartment I shared with Bertha and Erin and I swear I knew I was going to live there with my family someday. It is beautiful. Not a lot of traffic, the homes are so unique and everyone in the neighborhood takes such pride in their homes. There are trees everywhere, a beautiful park... it is in a great school district and about 2 minutes from all of the places we go to: Giant, LA Fitness, Route 30 and still only minutes from Lancaster city. This house is literally 6ish minutes from the house we live in now. We had our inspections on the new house today and they went good so that's more stress we can hopefully move forward from and then itll be a matter of packing. I have no idea where to start. Its weird, we don't have a lot of furniture but we have a lot of stuff. I hate moving. I hate packing. I am just trying to remember its so worth it because we will be moving into our beautiful, new, FOREVER home.
Yes, forever home. This home has been made to be "old people friendly" lol. There is a full bathroom on the first floor and also a bedroom. So we can grow old there. Some other details: 3 bedrooms and a full bathroom on the second floor, one bedroom has a door leading to a balcony.. the master has a pretty nice size closet. All of the bedrooms are a great size. The coat closet on the first floor by the front door has an adorable door that has book shelves built into it.. there is also a beautiful fireplace on the first floor and we love the kitchen.. they are leaving a beautiful refrigerator and they added new cupboards not long ago. The washer and dryer are in the basement which we will also finish someday. The whole house was painted so we don't have to worry about painting anything for awhile. One of the first things we are going to do because well, it sucks and is expensive is convert the current oil heat to gas. This can be expensive but luckily I have family members who can install the furnace for us so that will save some money and in the long run it will be SO worth it, the gas will cut our heat bills in half. Another thing I love about the house is the backyard. There is a really pretty sunroom which leads to a patio and a really nice size yard. Not too big, not too small.
I am so excited. I love the house more and more everytime we see it. I keep dreaming up everything I want to do to make it OUR house. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that all continues to go smoothly.
 
I cant wait to have a chalkboard wall in my kitchen!
 
 
Some living room color ideas:

 
I think dark gray on the bottom half of the walls and light on the top
for the dining room

 
I love the look of pink and blue for Tori's room.. cotton candy!

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner