Sunday, December 6, 2015

the one with Ava's birth story

Tomorrow is one week since my second mini has joined the world. It seems like its been a fast week. Not in an annoying, perfect, this-is-easy sort of way.. but in a wow, life with two... visitors.. figuring this all out is a whirlwind sort of way. She has been a breeze as far as her personality goes so far. Shes sweet, she has an adorable little grin.. and she seems like being the second child is exactly what she was meant to be. Im not sure if that makes sense? I guess since having Tori I thought my second child would be my sweet, calm, gentle spirit. It is so far proving to be true. With that said, her short birth story:

Monday (11/30) at around 4am.. I woke up with really strong contractions. I woke up and literally started googling "What do real contractions feel like?".. "How do you know that you are in labor". With Tori being induced, I never had that whole "is this it?" sort of experience. I also only felt contractions for about 30 minutes before getting an epidural with her birth. This time around, I had hard contractions for HOURSSSSSSSS before I got my epidural. I had contractions at home until about 6:30 am when I got checked into the hospital. Then contractions through triage, checking in, etc. By the time I got my epidural I was almost 5 centimeters and 90% effaced. Contractions are brutal. Really, really brutal. Anyways...
Once I got my epidural, and to no one's surprise, I felt like a million bucks. We watched tv, chatted with really sweet nurses, took calls and texts and all of that good stuff..I had lots of check ups along the way and finally around 4pm.. the midwife/nurse got the labor table ready and it was time to go. I pushed a total of 8 minutes. By the time her head and shoulders were out the midwife asked me if I wanted to "pull her out".. I was SO pumped. I found my inner Kourtney Kardashian (only KUWTK fans would think that's funny lol) and pulled my baby girl out and laid her right on my chest at 4:20 pm. She was slimy, puffy and SO BEAUTIFUL. Right away Dan and I's first response was "OMG SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE TORI AT ALL!". It was surreal. My second baby was just born. I had two kids. Crazy. Who trusted me with that?! haha!
I really felt so good and confident with the entire labor. It was really amazing getting to feel like "Wow, this is what labor is really supposed to be like" (vs my labor with Tori, between the pre eclampsia etc it was not a good experience). I am so happy. I am feeling good. I am tired but I mean, duh. Sore... but it gets better everyday.
Right now we are tackling breastfeeding issues and a toddler who is EXTRA clingy to Mommy since her new baby sisters arrival. Those updates will be at another time.
 
Ava Estelle Rera 8lbs 9oz (big girl!!) 20 inches long!
 
 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner