Tuesday, December 22, 2015

the one where I am 3 weeks post partum

Welcome to what may be the most random blog post ever. This is anything and everything I can think of that is going on, 3 weeks into life as a family of four.

The first thing worth noting is that I have made it to week 3 in breastfeeding. It is still not comfortable but I will say it is going better now than it was in the beginning. I can even wrap a towel around me after the shower without pain which is a huge success if you ask me. I have had one bout with mastitis already and am possibly about to go through my second round, waiting on a nurse to call me back and confirm. Breastfeeding still feels like such a process to me. Get my boppy pillow, undress however many layers of clothing I am wearing, make sure I have my nipple cream, new pads for my bra, wake the baby up, keep her awake, feed her, burp her, switch sides, feed her, burp her. I have read lots and lots of blogs and different things online where it seems as though a lot of women saw a major turn around at the 4-6 week mark so I am hoping breastfeeding will soon be the "new normal" for me. Fingers crossed.

Tori has been regularly using the potty for two days now! It is awesome. She totally unprovoked asked Dan to use the toilet and now it seems as though she wants to just keep using it. We make the most huge deal out of it ever which she loves. Yesterday when she went potty she immediately yells "MOMMY!! I went potty! I am so proud of you!" LOL. It was adorable. It is pretty awesome that she just randomly decided she is ready to use the toilet. Since bringing home Ava, Tori's independence has been showing more and more, she seems so much older. She will be three in March which I remember that age being the age that I first really noticed how independent Izzy is and now here it is, Tori's turn to turn into a little woman. Crazy.

Dan and I have both said bringing home your second child is so much less stressful than bringing home your first. You aren't as scared and you aren't questioning anything and everything. We look at Tori and shes so perfect, healthy, smart... clearly we figured things out with her so we will figure it out this time around too. Life is pretty much the same as it always is except for the fact that now we have someones breastfeeding schedule to squeeze into the mix and it takes longer to get us all ready in the morning. I cant even say how many times I have gotten Ava completely dressed and ready for the day and then she has a poopy diaper blow out and its back to square one.

I haven't figured out how to shower and get myself ready with two kids if I am by myself. Tori loves Ava but I cant trust her with the baby to jump into the shower. So as of right now I pretty much hang out all day in my pajamas and then shower and change after Dan gets home or before bedtime. Poor Dan.

Speaking of Tori loving Ava, she is really the best big sister already. She is always hugging and kissing Ava. As soon as she gets up in the morning she asks to see Ava. If she is coming or going she always makes it a point to say hi or bye to Ava. She is also very protective and doesn't like when people hold her. She always asks if they are going to keep her baby in a very nervous and worried way. Adorable.

This week is crazy with Christmas around the corner. We are hosting Xmas Eve at our place for Dans mom, her husband and her brother in law, then on Christmas we are doing the morning just us, my parents house at lunch time and then my Aunt Josephines the rest of the day. Lots of running around but its ok, I am excited to see everyone, for everyone to meet Ava and for Tori to get plenty of cousin time.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner