Thursday, November 5, 2015

the one where Tori has been in preschool for two months

I thought I was going to enjoy my "break time" more than I have been. I think its because 2.5 hours is really just not a long time. I drop Tori off at school and try to run errands... go to the office, the gym, grocery store, get my eyebrows done, whatever I think would be much easier to do without her.. all the while I am religiously checking my phone for the time (even though I have an alarm set for when I have to leave to pick her up) and before I know it, its 11:20 and time to head on over to Calvary.

Morning routine on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
On the off chance that Tori isn't up yet, I make sure she is awake by 8am. We canoodle for a minute or two while she tells me what her dreams were about and very sternly insists that she will be "wearing a dress today!". Diaper change. Outfit on. Brush teeth. The girl loves to brush her teeth. That is both a good thing and a really time consuming thing lol. Like who takes 10 whole minutes to brush their teeth? Lets go kid! We have to get out of the door by 8:40 and you haven't even let me do your hair or ate breakfast yet! School day breakfasts are quick. They are usually either a waffle (don't worry, whole grain, no added crap, cost a $hitload of money at the store... we don't do eggos), a banana and yogurt or a yogurt and a nature valley bar. I then have to spend 5 minutes convincing her that going to school "looking like a wild animal" is frowned upon and I try to get a classic ponytail in her hair. She insists on a braid. Always a braid. Strike that, a braid or nothing at all. She likes the Merida (Brave) look. We get to school, I of course park in the permit only section. Ever since they told us those can be used by anyone pregnant or anyone bringing more than one child to school I take full advantage. We go inside and sit in the hallway for about 5 minutes until they open the doors. We play "find your classroom".. she points to many classrooms that are in fact NOT hers (which I think she does just to be funny) and then we find her room. Drop off is usually fine. Shes had the occasional "mommy don't leave me" moments but for the most part, no issues.
After that is where Mommy rushes to her car and makes a mad dash to squeeze in as much stuff as possible. My favorite part (of course) is picking up my girl. First of all, I am always there before class is officially over so I usually catch "circle time" where the kids are sitting there reading a book with the teacher. All of the kids except for mine. Mine is the one sitting next to the assistant teacher, with no shoes on, playing with the hair of the girl in front of her, petting the head of the boy sitting next to her.. or trying to rip bracelets and necklaces off of the assistant teacher. I literally peek into the windows and crack up like a crazy person. Tori is not much for sitting. Or calm time. Or keeping her hands to herself.
She is always so happy to see me at the end of the day and also so excited to tell me about all of the fun she is having. She doesn't usually remember what it is they actually learned that day but she ALWAYS remembers which friend she played with the most and she ALWAYS remembers what she had for snack time lol.

In a nutshell:
Tori is developing at rapid speed. She talks non stop. Seriously, always talking. Much like her mommy and daddy who are social butterflies. She puts together full sentences.. remembers names so well.. and although she is not napping, school does seem to wear her out and make her relax for a little afterwards so that makes me happy. I like the school a lot but will still probably enroll her in the school closer to our house for her 3 year old year more for convenience than anything else. 2 months down! She is doing FAB!!!



0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner