Monday, November 9, 2015

the one with a weekend recap

This weekend. My gosh where do I start with this weekend? MADNESS. I tried (and successfully although exhaustingly) to fit as much into this weekend was possible. With Ava really able to come any day now, I feel like I am running out of time to do things outside of the house.

Friday:
I had work things in the morning (the usual..emails/calls/etc.) Then Tori had a dentist appointment. She does SO good at the dentist. They are so good to their little patients. Toys, distractions, patience. It is awesome and I would recommend them to anyone. Tori and I then hit the gym... as my plan is to walk every day in hopes of getting this girl out... and then made it home to spend a little time with Daddy before he went to work for parent-teacher conferences. It was nice he had a short day Friday so he got to sleep in a little and take a slow morning (free of both Tori and I lol) and got to come home early enough for playtime. We had a lot of fun playing outside and then Mommy high tailed it inside to get ready for a ladies night. Makeup, straight hair, leggings instead of sweatpants.. I really went all out. I told Tori before her and Daddy went to the park that I would not be home when she got back and she seemed fine with it. My friend Amber had a birthday last week so this was her celebration. She is also pregnant (due in February with Ava's best friend Ella) so it was nice that everything we did was pregnant chick friendly. Pedicures at my favorite salon right by LA Fitness (where I then gifted Amber with a SweetFrog gift certificate because lets be honest, pregnant girl dream come true right there). After our pedicures we met the rest of our crew out at Iron Hill. I haven't been there in 100 years and it was so good. We shared the sweet potato fry app which is DELISH and probably my most favorite thing on their menu (lol) and then I had a meatlovers pizza. I am determined to eat whatever I want until the babe pops out and I have to start caring again lol. That brings me to the end of the night, home by 8:45... watched a movie with Dan, and bedtime. A fun but exhausting Friday.

Saturday:
We had plans for Dans mom to keep Tori for the day for a week now. We needed to get the house Ava proof and the fact is, I don't get much done when I am with Tori. She is borderline obsessed with me and then mix that with the fact that I am legit obsessed with her, and it means lots of playtime and no cleaning. Dan dropped her off at his Mom's while I had a dr appointment and then I followed that with picking up my mom to come help us for the afternoon. We did everything from wash the car seat cover and pack n play set up, to organizing all of Ava's clothes by size.. rearranging and adding some décor to Toris room, hanging up blinds and curtains in the guest room.. setting up diaper "stations" if you will all throughout the house, making room in the kitchen for baby stuff and lots and lots of washing things like my bjorn, baby blankets, burp cloths, etc. It was definitely harder to prep this time around with trying to squeeze everything in between all of Tori's stuff. After we did that, we decided to take advantage of Rhonda having Tori and head out to dinner just Dan and I for his birthday. His bday is the same as Ava's due date so we figured we would celebrate early since we dont know when shes coming and if we try to celebrate late, then you have all Christmas stuff youre trying to squeeze in also. We joke that we are totally cursed when we try to go out to eat. Literally had the worst service ever at our first stop, followed by lots of places that had super long waits... and then ended it with just getting some appetizers at Bulls head in downtown Lititz. Some birthday dinner lol. I was in bed around 9:30 and Dan had gone out with some friends for drinks and didn't make it home til 1. He is a wild animal, that one.

Sunday:
I was SO sore. SO tired. Did more cleaning. And was an exhausted, irritable mess the rest of the day. Thankfully today Tori slept in until 9, Mommy got some extra rest and I am feeling much better.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner