Monday, October 5, 2015

the one with the Stauffers fall fest

The past two weekends in a row, Stauffers store has had a fall fest.

Free to get in.
Free things for kids.
Free ways to wear out my child.
Free to spend extra time with my family.
Free. Free. Free.
Free is my favorite.

I was worried that the place would be crazy busy but lucky for us, it wasn't. I don't know if it was the wind chill or the fact that it was muddy out, but we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. 'We" as in me, Tori, my mom, Summer and Izzy. I love including my niece in everything we do. When I was younger, ALL of my most favorite childhood memories include my cousins and I am determined to do the same for Tori. So to Stauffers (in East York) we went.
They had pumpkin painting, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin ring toss, a bubble stand, Halloween tattoos, a bake sale, coloring, a corn maze, etc. Again, please let me stress.. FREE.
Tori and Izzy did a great job painting their pumpkins. Tori is very artsy, we call her our 'angry artist', she gets very into her artwork and this was no exception lol. After they got crazy with their paint we put them down to dry and wandered around looking for more fun. They got some fun tattoos which Tori is STILL talking about and showing everyone she sees. Pumpkin tattoos are awesome. Tori also wiped out once while chasing Izzy and got a nice boo-boo on her arm which has also been added to the list of things she wants to show everyone. She is a bit needy haha. The bubble stand was Tori's next favorite thing. The girl LOVES bubbles and I am so happy she has all but mastered blowing bubbles because it is really not that fun to just blow bubbles over and over again.
Once the kids started to meltdown due to it getting close to naptime we got some goodies at the bake sale, everything was $1 AND SOOOO GOOD! Chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter fudge, butter finger truffles... we got wild... and even brought the truffles home for Daddy (youre welcome, Dan). The day was followed by lunch at Marinos, meltdowns by Tori and Izzy both.. and then getting them away from each other so they could nap and wind down.
It is not always easy taking Tori to do this stuff, especially right now while pregnant. I feel heavy and tired and I know it would be easier to just stay home with her, but I just cant. I want her to have so much fun, build memories, make traditions. I know she loves it too.




0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner