Friday, November 21, 2014

When your baby grows up

This morning Tori was sitting in her high chair and she looks at me and says "Hair" and points to/touches her head. This has literally been an EVERY SINGLE DAY thing. She says a new word or recognizes something new that I say or do.. it is just insane. The pediatrician had said that 18 months to two years we would notice a significant difference in her verbal skills and my gosh was she right. Its actually shocking. I feel like more often than not I can actually just ask her what she wants and she will tell me. Not like, in full sentences... but enough with her words and pointing that we can get the idea. The feeling I have about the whole thing is strange. I am so proud of how smart and funny she is and I just love watching her learn... but at the same time... it makes me sad. I have gotten teary eyed so many times in the past few days because of how much it is reminding me that my baby is growing up. As hard as those infant days are... you have such an amazing feeling and bond with how much your baby needs you. I know she still needs me, it is just in different ways now. I guess depending on how you look at it, she needs me more now in even more important ways.. Teaching her to be kind, to love to learn, to have fun, to build her imagination, teaching her trust, how to be a good friend.

My God she is beautiful
 


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner