Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Life so far

Shit. I came across this topic for a blog post right after I started thinking I didn't want to write a "deep blog" tonight. Then it hit me, in BIG, BOLD letters..
"What have you learned about life, SO FAR?"
Good question blog lady who I have never met before.
 
Here is my attempt at an answer:
I can be whoever I want to be. There is always tomorrow. You will see better days. You are not given anything you cannot handle. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. It is that simple.
I know, I know, its corny.. but it is so true. I look back over the past 26 years of my life and all of the people I have pretended to be and I cant believe I wasted so much time of my life doing that. Pretending I was popular. Pretending I fit in. Pretending I wasn't insecure.
The times I thought my life was over. The time a boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. The time a friend slapped a guy I liked on the butt. A time I was mean to someone so I could show off.
The times I thought there was no way I was going to make it. The times I thought there was no way I was going to survive. The times I thought no one really loved me. The times I thought I had no real friends. The times I felt expendable.
The times I laughed at someone being picked on. The times I bullied. The times I gossiped.
 
If only I could go back and tell my 16 year old self the things I feel about life now.
 
Show her what her future held.
That she would be married to a man who brings out the best in her, who EXPECTS the best from her and treats her like a Queen (usually lol love you Dan).
That she would be surrounded with UNCONDITIONAL  love and support from her family and friends.
That she would have a career where she got to do all of her favorite things: help people, take charge, be organized, make lifelong dreams come true.
That she would have a daughter who lights up her life like she has never known. A daughter who challenges her everyday to be the best person she can be.
 
Life is so, so beautiful. Everyday is another chance to change something about the world around you. Every time you smile at someone on the street, share a hug with a friend, take an extra minute to make sure someone you love knows youre thinking of them.. that is what life is all about.
 
So while Im seriously complaining that I am tired, or we haven't sold our house yet, or someone really bothered me with an annoying facebook post.. I just need to remember this. Although the journey in my past 26 years has been rocky, challenging.. just plain tough... It has also made me who I am today:
I am clumsy. I am really loud. I forget things. I laugh uncontrollably. I have big hair. I hate my chin. I am not even sort of good at math. I stand up for what I believe in. I always give my opinion. I talk to strangers. I smile at everyone. I see the good in everyone. I am hopeful for the world around me.
...and I am ok with all of it.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner