Monday, January 13, 2014

I love Lancaster

I have lived in Lancaster for almost 8 years. Moving here has been on the best decisions of my life. I have lived in Millersville, Manheim Township and Lancaster City.
Lancaster city is amazing.
First off, coming from York, Lancaster seems big. It seems intimidating.... at first. Now living here for as long as I have... I love the sense of community that Lancaster has which I never felt living in York.
My house is walking distance from some awesome bars. We have awesome restaurants. We have the market. Downtown events like First Friday. I wanted to take this blog post to point out a few of my favorite places here in the town I love. The town I plan to raise my children in.. the town I plan to live in forever.

Molly's Pub- Just a few blocks away from my house. Mom and Pop sort of bar. Good food, interesting drinks... fun for St. Patricks day. I cant remember the bartendars name who works the lunch hours but she is so sweet and really goes out of her way for her customers.
Marion Court- In the winter you can get $1 well drinks and beer. Over the summer, you get a TON of people in an outdoor setting, live bands, karaoke and late night grilled burgers.
The Prince St. Café- good food, good drinks.. very "trendy". I love pretty much all of their coffee drinks and its a good lunch spot. Also, they have wifi which is clutch.
The Bakers Table- I have only been there in the morning for coffee and breakfast. It is awesome. First off, there is one huge table in the place... which I love. I love the intimacy. The baked goods are awesome and my two favorite things there are their mocha eclairs (actually, those are Dans fav) and their bagel bombs (bagels stuff with sweet bologna and cream cheese).
Checkers- This is me and Dan's favorite restaurant EVER. Literally have NEVER had anything there that wasn't amazing. I recommend the Bolognese... oh, and the duck tacos... DEFINITELY GET THE DUCK TACOS.
Rachels Crepery- Crapes...in every way possible.. need I say more?!
Station house tavern- If you are looking for a sports bar with good food/good pricing.. go here. There isn't anything crazy special about it, but its chill and cheap!
Downtown Lancaster Christmas tree lighting ceremony- They light a Christmas tree. There is Christmas music. Santa on a fire truck. Kids LOVING life. I cant get enough. I will go every year.
First Friday- Drink specials. Food specials. TONS of people walking around downtown. Art. Jewelry.
Buchanan Park- a dog park with a machine that throws tennis balls, turf, fountains of water, lots of dogs, dog lovers, big wooden chairs... its free.
Lancaster Brewing Co- Strawberry wheat beer, pretzel chicken, pizza. Done.

IF YOU DONT LIVE HERE, VISIT!


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner