Wednesday, February 27, 2013

38 weeks is scary

I had my 38 week appointment today. The past few days I have been suffering from a headache that just will not go away and have been dealing with a lot of swelling which has varied from day to day. Sometimes my face and feet are huge and then other days they don't look swollen at all. This made me nervous as I was already tested once for pre eclampsia (at 36 weeks-which was negative) and I knew a lot of the signs they tell you to look for were ones I was currently experiencing.
So today, my blood pressure was a little high, not as high as it has gotten in the past few weeks but high. On top of that, I have protein in my urine, a high enough level that I am now going to have to do a 24 hour urine test again. I also had to get blood drawn today to run the pre eclampsia test again. On top of it all, the midwife then said I am no longer to work from today "until further notice". This is hard for me, I work allll the time. I am constantly running around and on my feet, I feel like I don't even know how to relax. After I turn in my urine test I have a follow up appointment on Monday so we can look at the results and decide what to do from there. If there is still a high level of protein(which is a sign of kidney issues/could be pre eclampsia) I will have to discuss a possible induction and then also schedule a back up plan of a c section in case for any reason my cervix wouldn't respond to the induction. I. am. so. nervous.
Pregnancy in general has made me anxious, the whole not having any control thing.. It freaks me out. I guess with labor I was sort of hoping that I would feel more in control and get to make some decisions.. I have a birth plan!!! It is typed up nice and pretty and very clearly states I have zero interest in a c section unless it is an emergency situation. I know that whatever it takes to get me and the baby through labor safely and healthy is what is most important but I feel so nervous to have to think of a c section and things I feel like I would miss out on. I want to give birth to my girl and have her put right on my chest instantly. I want to breastfeed right away. A c section would make me not be able to hold my girl right away, and after 9 months of it being just the two of us bonding, it would be really hard for me to not get to experience that. I also keep having these feelings of what did I do wrong? I feel like I am constantly drinking water.. I haven't gone overboard with stress or work outs.. what could I have done differently to avoid these possibilities?
I know I am stressing so much about 'what ifs'. I don't even know if  I would need to be induced. I don't know if I will need a c section. I don't know if I will even have protein in my urine. I am beating myself up with all of the possibilities and I know I need to relax.. this certainly isn't going to help my blood pressure. I need to know everything is going to be fine. I need to know my daughter is perfect and healthy. I need to know I am going to be ok. Fingers crossed that my water will break naturally and my child and I will be healthy... maybe she'll even come this weekend?! :) :) one can wish!

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner