Tuesday, September 29, 2015

the one where Madelyn becomes a Husted with the Musted

This past weekend two of our very best friends got married. Dan was the best man in the wedding and I was a bridesmaid. The weekend was fun, busy and exhausting.

Friday:
It just so happened that Dan had a half day from school. That worked out so nicely as we had a list of things I had written down on our to-do list and my head was about to explode trying to figure out how to do it all. We had to pick up Dan's suit, drop Tori off at his mom's house, get ready, go to the rehearsal which was at a park in Wrightsville and then head to the rehearsal dinner. I can be a freak about time so originally when all of those things had to be done between 3:30 to 5, I almost lost it.
Around 1pm Dans mom ended up texting me and offering to pick Tori up on her way home from work. This would make things so, so much easier and of course I was hesitant at first. Im not a big fan of Tori driving with anyone who isn't me. Yes, even Dan. I am sort of crazy about it. I went over 101 scenarios in my head and then finally convinced myself why it was going to be perfectly fine and it was only a 20 minute ride and that Dan's mom would let me know when they got home and all would be well. Fast forward and what do ya know?! She was fine. After Rhonda picked up Tori, Dan and I had about an hour before we needed to get ready where we could just hang out. Obviously we documented that with a picture of us just hanging out on the back porch. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. We pretended Tori was there (naturally) by yelling things as if she was.. you know, things like don't put dirt in your mouth, stay in our own yard, we even threatened to take her inside a few times. After we got dolled up Meg and Ray came over (both of them were also in the wedding) and we headed to the rehearsal. The rehearsal was not at the place Mad and Chris got married so it was a tad confusing. We learned who was lined up with who and we also learned that the ceremony was going to be super quick (thankfully) and then we learned that there are such things as dog weddings. Long story short.. there was a dog wedding happening in the park at the same time as the Husted rehearsal. Ok, maybe it wasn't a dog wedding and it was actually engagement pictures being taken with dogs included but a dog wedding seemed a lot more funny. We even threw in there that the dogs were gay. A gay dog wedding. Yep, that makes sense and yes that is the sort of conversation that happens when you put me and my girlfriends together. In a park. Cold. Hungry. Anxious. Dinner was at the Eagles Nest in York and it was delicious!!!! You had an option of a steak/crabcake/chicken or greek platter thing. Literally everyone loved their food. Dan and I always purposely get different things so we can taste both, or in this case, because I am currently going through a weird eating stage of pregnancy, Dan ate my crabcake and we brought his steak and baked potato home. Gifts were given. The guys all got these really awesome pocket watches (I don't like to brag but that's partially in thanks to me, youre welcome Chris!) and the ladies got a unique Alex and Ani bracelet and a set of earrings to wear for the weddings. Super cute, super fun and something we will all use.
Saturday:
I was feeling anxious all night because of Tori sleeping over at Rhonda's. Rhonda is FAB with her and Tori loves her so much but I cannot handle Tori being away from me. I tossed and turned all night so naturally, I woke up Saturday feeling terrible. My neck was so stiff and I was exhausted. Meg texted me saying she was running late because she threw her back out. Apparently we are old. And stiff LOL. She comes to get me, we run to Panera to do a coffee/bagel and cream cheese pick up and off to John Wright we went to get ready. Madelyn had hired two current beauty school students to do our hair and makeup and they did FANTASTIC. I LOVE getting my makeup professionally done. And other than a messy bun, an updo isn't my thing so I got both done. Getting ready for a wedding, although LONG is fun. Even when almost 8 months pregnant and sober. We laughed, we talked, we listened to music. It felt good to get some girl time. By the time Madelyn was done getting ready she legit looked like a bridal Barbie. Magazine material. STUNNING. And I must say, I think everyone cleaned up really nice. I LOVE seeing Dan in a suit. My husband looked hot. I wont bore you with any more details of it but yeah, he's a babe. The ceremony was short and sweet. It was pretty windy outside but nothing terrible and I would much rather be standing outside on a windy day than standing outside in terrible heat. At the reception inside, it was gorgeous. John Wright overlooks the river so it was beautiful for pictures and we had taken wedding pictures before the ceremony even started so once the reception started we really just got to enjoy ourselves with the guests. Open bar, dinner, dancing. It was a lot of fun. Crazy that Chris and Madelyn are married! I can still remember the first night meeting her and it is so fun to have gotten to be a part of not only their chapter as they started dating/their relationship but also of their wedding day. I must say, even at almost 8 months pregnant, it was not terrible. My friends are all nuts so we laugh and laugh even without any alcohol. And lucky for me, our bmaid dresses were not tight fitting so I didn't feel as much of a cow as I thought I might.
 
I am still seriously considering becoming a professional bridesmaid. I am so good at it.
 



 


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner