Tuesday, July 14, 2015

the one with my top two beauty must-haves

I am a sucker for any beauty items that are these things:
1- not expensive. Seriously, $45 for black eyeliner? No thanks.
2- easy to use. I dont feel that I am particularly good at hair/makeup so I need simplicity.

First must have: Moroccan Sea Salt Spray (apx. $5 at WalMart)
I have used this two different ways. The first way I used it, I was fresh out of the shower. I sprayed all over my hair while it was super wet and scrunched my hair. After a couple of minutes (I had to get out of the house quickly) I used my diffuser to dry it halfway through. I really liked the look. That is.. until I tried it the second way. The second time I used the spray, I was fresh out of the shower and sprayed generously all over. I scrunched my hair and stopped at that. I did not blow dry/diffuse it at all, I just let it air dry. Once my hair was dry I used some of the spray again just to touch it up. I LOVED the look. I found it actually lasted longer too. It held the beach wave and didn't look greasy at all so I was able to not wash my hair for about two days (which happens to be my least favorite thing to do ever so I was very excited). The spray acts as a hairspray in a way too so I didn't need any other products at all when I did this. Overall: I think the spray works best with hair that already has a natural curl/wave and I think that using it where you can let it air dry is best.
Second must have: Hourglass eyebrow pencil ($32 at Sephora)
Like I have said many times, makeup is not easy for me. I do a pretty basic face. Powder, bronzer, highlighter, blush, eyeliner and mascara. That is if I am rocking a full face. If its a quick grab and go day.. then powder, blush and mascara. I have just added the eyebrow pencil and my well.. my life has been changed. I had seen eyebrows have been all the rage lately. Beautiful, dark, full eyebrows. Everyone I knew who did them, swore by them. I went to Sephora, there was a sweet lady there named Jenn.. I told her, "I want an eyebrow pencil that is quick and easy to use". Right away she directed me to the Hourglass where she showed me how easy it is to use. She did one eyebrow and I immediately did the other which took about a total of one minute for both eyebrows to be completely finished. $32 is something I wouldn't normally want to spend on an eyebrow pencil but I had a gift card so it only cost me $3 out of pocket. I am so happy I got it. The first day I wore it, Dan noticed right away and told me I "look really polished". The eyebrows are now an official addition to the face. I love it. Try it, I promise itll change your life.
 

1 Kommentar

  1. I need to try that spray! I've used their moroccan oil before and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner