Friday, May 16, 2014

Hands on house with a 1 year old

Not worth it.
This is obviously by no fault of Hands on house. They said on their website 2 and up. I don't think any child under 3 would get it though.
My friend Lauren and I took our girls Tori and Demi there the other day for a girls day.
When you first walk in, its super bright and pretty and I imagine every kids dream right off the bat lol. The first couple of little areas when you start to go through the place were pretty boring, lift some flaps.. check out the animals underneath... the next part had some trucks for the kids to push around and stuff which Tori loves trucks so as soon as she found one small enough to carry around she was excited.
Face painting was the next phase. I think the kids were supposed to paint their own faces but since we had a 12 month old and 14 month old there, I took it upon myself to paint Tori's face. It was hilarious she sat there so still like 'mom, what are you doing?!'. I painted a nice big heart on her forehead and then let her paint her own face for a bit so she had some paint on her cheek, her ear...you get it. I do not remember being dirty when I was a kid lol. My mom would have freaked at the idea of letting her 1 year old paint her own face so I had to make it a point to let Tori do it lol.
Then: the most fun part for both girls: the grocery store. Both Tori and Demi loved walking around and getting groceries. They picked fruit and veggies out of the bin.. and then of course Tori wouldn't put the fruit back and had to hold her apples the entire time through the factory area and mail center, etc.
We finished the day off with some food and ice cream at friendlys, then back at our house for some playtime in the playroom. We had a really fun day.

Point: don't take your kid to hands on house until they are 3 lol.






0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner