Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Vince

This past week my family got some terrible news. My "baby" cousin (who was 20 and towered me) died in a motorcycle accident.
Sad. Scared. Anxious. Depressed. Heartbroken. Shocked.
Everyone knows death is final. My head knows that, but you don't truly understand just how final it is until you experience death and remember all of the things that will never be again. No one will get a hug from Vince, a kiss, hear his voice, laugh with/at him, see his smile, watch what his venture into adulthood would bring.
I am sure that becoming a mom has made this whole thing hit me harder. When I got the news of Vince's death I was holding my sweet girl in my arms and feeding her. She was looking up at me so confused when I started crying. I instantly was looking at her and kept thinking to myself, I could never live without her. Now that I have met her and she has so easily fit into my life and heart, I have a spot in my heart that only she fills. If anything ever happened to her, my heart would stop. I know it. I started thinking of my cousin Fran, Vince's mom. She carried this sweet boy in her belly for 9 months, took care of him for 20 years.. made him be nice to his two sisters, taught him how important treating people well is, how important doing well in school was, a first crush, getting his drivers license, graduating high school, and now, she will never get to see what the future was going to hold for that sweet boy. Life is just beginning at the age of 20. Really, you have not truly experienced a life until then. That is when the excitement is starting to begin. Deciding what you want to do for a career, getting your own place, building new adult relationships... these are all things that Fran is not going to see Vince do and I am sure these are things she has dreamed about for him. I have already dreamed of a future for Victoria. I have already dreamed of watching her grow into a sweet girl who sticks up for her friends, loves school and loves spending time with her mommy and daddy. I have dreamed of her as a confident young lady who stands up for what she believes in, has high goals for herself and surrounds herself with others who are the same. I dream of  her as a woman who is happy, who has the best memories of her childhood, cherishes her relationship with her family and is building her own.
I know everyone only says good things about people when they pass (as they should).. and Vince is true to all of the good things people have said. He was a typical boy & some of my best memories of him are him and my brother annoying the crap out of me lol. He smiled all the time, had a ton of friends, everyone loved Vince. He was one of the most easy going spirits who got along with everyone. My cousin Fran lost her brother 12 years ago in a freak drowning accident when he was 19, and now to lose her son at the age of 20...I don't know how she is going to get through this.
I am not a religious person so I don't normally ask people to pray for anyone but when it comes to Fran, I cant imagine there is anything in this world that will make her feel better or strong right now, so please keep her, Vince's father and his two sisters in your thoughts/prayers as they try to make sense of their lives right now.

Below: The 3 stooges
 
Vince with his sisters Martina and Sara (his graduation)

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner