Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Black pepper beef and cabbage stir fry

At least once or twice a week I try to make it a point to make something for dinner. Dan is the cook in our house. He is 1-much better at it(I cannot just mix things together and create something yummy like he can) 2-a foodie 3-cares about it way more(If I had to eat pizza everyday I would be ok with it) 4-more creative(Ill try new things... but usually only if I am made to lol).

Dan loves chicken and I get freaked out by it...so when I do cook, I normally stick with beef, steak..red meat. Call me crazy but this is a true story: When I was in the 6th grade, everyone LOVED chicken patty lunch at school.. like legit loved it. So one day I decided I would try it, I bit into my chicken patty and THERE WAS A VEIN IN MY CHICKEN PATTY.
I have not looked at chicken the same ever since.

So anywho, back to the red meat thing.. when I cook, its basically with beef. I tried a new recipe tonight and it was really good & not heavy at all so I thought Id share!

*2-4 cloves of garlic
*1/2-1lb of ground beef
*1/2 head of cabbage
*1/2-1 whole zuchinni (sliced)
*2 tablespoons (or more, its really to taste) of soy sauce
*ground black pepper

-Heat skillet, sauté garlic, add ground beef. Brown beef, stir in cabbage, black pepper and zuchinni. Cook until vegetables are tender and beef is fully cooked. Stir in soy sauce. Serve over rice :)

Apx 300 calories per serving

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner