Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer has come and gone

We have had the best summer. Seriously. We had a ton of stuff to do which definitely got overwhelming with a baby but it was fun stuff that has made this summer a record breaking fastest summer since Dan and I have been together. The weddings, family trips, anniversary, birthdays... we have decided we cannot make any more friends lol.

I am excited for fall. A season of pumpkin everything! Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, pumpkin coffee creamer, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving.. you get the drift lol. Pumpkin is my favorite flavor in the whole wide world and fall weather is my favorite.. which is why fall is my favorite season. I am definitely dressing Tori up for Halloween because we will go trick or treating with Isabella (and hopefully Sami), Dan and I wanted to dress her as a turtle (we call her our baby turtle) but the costume is sort of expensive and I def wont spend more than $20 on a costume for her.

Today is Dan's first day of school with students. He is so excited to be back to teaching high school again so I am really excited for him. Teaching high school students is getting him back to a place where he is doing something he loves to do. Teaching students about health and fitness, and the students being old enough to actually understand and participate.

In Tori world: She is rolling around like crazy.. I lay her in one place and if I leave the room for a few minutes she will be on the other side of the room in no time. Victoria has also found her voice. This can be really cute, like when she is laughing for example and it can also be a total pain when she decides that for no reason at all she is just going to scream on the top of her lungs.. you know, for the sake of screaming. Victoria's sleep is mostly good and she wakes up about once in the middle of the night... sometimes she just wants her pacifier and sometimes she needs to be fed.. and she still has the occasional tough night where she just doesn't want to sleep. I am really trying to be patient and savor the middle of the night time with her. This is much easier said than done when I am exhausted after a long day but her hitting the 6 month milestone has hit me. She will be sitting up and crawling before I know it and then we will be planning her first birthday party. I just said to Dan yesterday, after Tori had just woke up from a nap and was just so sweet cuddling on me and so happy... that it still seems surreal to me that I have a husband and a baby... like, is this really my life?

I am so lucky!
 
 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner