Friday, June 21, 2013

26

This year is the first in my 26 years (well that I can remember) where I have officially felt like my birthday doesn't matter lol. No really, not to be dramatic, but it felt very much like it was just another day. I got no cake, there was no party.. only my father in law sung me happy birthday. When I was younger I used to say my birthday was my favorite "holiday"...mostly because I liked the fact that I was the only one to get presents and everyone seemed to be extra nice on my birthday lol. So I guess the whole not feeling like it was really my birthday thing hit me harder than I expected.
I am not one of those people who doesn't want to get older. I mean, my life has really only gotten better as the years have passed. I am not going to lie though, officially be closer to 30 than I am to 20 gave me the creeps a bit. I can remember my parents being in their 30's.. crazy.

When I was younger I couldn't ever imagine my future. Is that weird? I legit like couldn't see what I would look like, what I would be doing, etc. I had come up with two possible reasons for that. My first reason was sad and I thought maybe I couldn't see it because it would suck lol... and then the second reason I have thought was maybe it was because my life would be so awesome that I couldn't imagine it because I couldn't even dream up how it would be.
The second reason was right.
 
I am married to the perfect guy for me. I have the most beautiful and sweet daughter in the whole wide world. I love my job. I have a fabulous group of friends. My family is doing well, everyone is healthy and happy.
 
When I turned 24 I got married. 25 I had my child. 26 I get to spend my first full year having the two most important people in my life with me and cherishing every moment with them.
 
Happy Birthday to me =)
 


                                                                                         
 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner