Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dear Friend

Since Victoria was born I can see my relationships around me changing. Not necessarily for the bad, but definitely changing. The most recent has been in friendship, this is in no way towards any one particular person but sort of to all of the friends out there who have friends that have had children. If I could send them all a message on behalf of moms.. this is what it would say:

Friend,
I still need you. I appreciate how supportive you were of my pregnancy but I need you to be here for me during this chapter of motherhood also. My child brings me a new appreciation for life and if anything, makes me love you more too. I am still me. My sense of humor hasn't changed at all. The same things still make me laugh. The same things make me happy. I still love spending time with you. I still need time to myself. I still need time with you. I appreciate the little things even more than ever now. I appreciate the texts, the phone calls, the last minute invites. I may not be able to party until all hours of the night, or maybe I will be napping when you call and have to get back to you at a later time.. but I will remember who it was that reached out to me during this new phase in my life. I will remember it was you who made it a point to swing by even if it was just for an hour or two. I will remember it was you who invited me to do baby friendly things. I will remember it was you who even though you may not fully understand motherhood and the changes I have made since becoming a mom as you are not a parent yet yourself, you still tried to get it. I will also remember these things and how they made me feel when it is your turn to become a parent.




 

 

2 Kommentare

  1. I went through the same thing. When your baby dies EVERYONE wants to comfort you and FEED you and do ANYTHING they can to stop you from falling into that pit of despair that you will inevitably will fall into, and I DID... big time. Then, after the first month very few people come around, call, or ask how you are doing and there are even fewer who do it 16 months out. Not only did we lose our baby girl, we lost the majority of our friends too. It's a terribly lonely thing, losing a baby. I thank God for Kevin. As long as we have each other, that's all we really need. These past 16 months have taught me that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this! I have a few friends with babies, and I always worry they won't want to hang out with ME because it will be too much work to pack up the baby & stuff.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner