Tuesday, August 25, 2015

the one where we name the new baby

Naming baby girl #2 was no easy feat. I was positive we would be in the hospital trying to figure out a name at the very last moment. Do we stick with a "V" name? Vivian made the list.. Vaeda made the list.. and I had a ton of non-V names narrowed down that Dan was not on board with.

Then this little scene happened:
We were on our way home from New York (spent 5 days there visiting family) and decided to use some of the 4.5 hour drive home to get back to the name game. Tori is napping and we are listening to the radio.. A song by Adele comes on.. and I start thinking hmmm.. what about Adele? Ya know, no one would probably be able to think of anyone besides the singer so nah, not Adele. Hmm.. where else have I heard that before? Oh right, I have a friend who has twins named Adele and Ava... Ava... Ava. "Dan, what about Ava? It's pretty, classic, feminine, albeit a little more popular than I would normally like to go for.. I don't know anyone named Ava nor do we have any friends who have a kid named Ava". Dan... "Ava, well its a new one we haven't talked about so I don't know if I can commit yet.. but I like it".

Fast forward: Her name is officially Ava Estelle Rera.

Estelle means "Star" in French (and Toris middle name is Luna which is moon in Spanish).. our little Moon and Star. What makes our world go round.



 


0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner