Friday, April 24, 2015

the one where I accept my hair

Did anyone else use an iron to straighten their hair? I mean a legit, shirt iron... not a flat iron lol. I did. Terrible. Who does that?!

My hair is this annoying mix of wavy/straight. I am not curly enough to be considered curly and I am not straight enough (without said iron) to say I have straight hair. I HAVE to do something to my hair or its an afro. A big, frizzy, lions mane- afro.

I used to always straighten my hair. Every morning... I had a system.. I washed it at night, straightened it the next morning and wore it down, then wore it half up and half down the following day... and then all up the next before having to wash it again and start this whole thing all over again. Back in the day I would mix it up with crimping.. maybe some braids. Fun.
Now, at my almost ripe age of 28 (almost 30, I can hardly believe it)... I have finally accepted my hair. I have set it free. I save it from heat. I don't go too crazy with colors. I am sure my hair is much, much happier.
I have been asked often how I get my new 'beachy look' so I thought a post about what I do (or don't do) was fitting.

STEPS:
1-Wash hair
2- While hair is wet... I use my hands to "scrunch" my hair (I don't know another word that for that?)
3-Add about a golf ball size of mousse to hair
4-Spray hair with hairspray
5- Run fingers through hair
6-Let air dry

AND IM DONE.
I would say this whole process takes about 5 minutes and then it air dries so however long that is?... I think my hair is definitely softer, its definitely easier.. and I think hair with a curly to it is much easier to work with. I can wear it down and it can look dressy or laid back. Putting it up has the same effect.. its so much more full and fun looking. It can look like I really tried too which is very deceiving and I like it.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner