Thursday, September 25, 2014

Daniel Tiger

So the past 3 weeks we have been introduced to a new love in Tori's life: Daniel Tiger. I don't know how it happened. I cannot remember what specifically would have made me turn it on, but I did.. and Tori liked it. A lot.
Dan and I had been trying our best to not introduce Tori to the world of TV and then we got an intense reality check when Tori turned 18 months old and it was game on as far as her getting into everything she could get her little hands on.
Mommy answer emails? No. Mommy make lunch? No. Mommy vacuum? No.
What on earth am I going to do if I literally cant take my eyes off of her for one second?
Ill tell you what I am going to do, I am going to turn on Daniel Tiger.
Tori will have an hour a day where she watches Daniel Tiger while mommy writes in her blog, replies to work emails, washes the dishes loads the dishwasher, does laundry or shocker, does her hair and makeup. And you know what? I am not going to feel bad about it.
For this next portion of the blog... I will prove why "Im not going to feel bad about it" while explaining my thought process and totally justifying myself. Ok, so maybe I do feel bad about it?
-Daniel Tiger has a great message. Different episodes have featured a different feeling or situation and it tries to explain to kids while its ok to have certain feelings(jealousy, sadness, etc) but how to control their emotions and feel better about them. As for situations, there's an episode featuring being sick, getting left out of a game, etc.
-Cutest songs ever. Seriously, Daniel Tigers voice is just adorable so it doesn't totally drive me nuts while its on.
-Tori sits completely still and watches. She will pick her little spot on the couch and not move until the show is over.
-She will point to the tv and ask "please"... so I mean, shes practicing manners, right?
-She gets SO excited when she sees Netflix is coming on because that means Daniel Tiger will be on. It is SO cute. She giggles and bounces and points.

Anything to make my girl happy... and for mommy to keep a little sanity. 
 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner