Saturday, September 20, 2014

2nd Annual Apple picking

One of my favorite days of the Fall season is apple picking with my family. This year it was me, Tori, Summer, Iz and my mom. They drove up to my place around 8am and we had breakfast together which was so fun. Tori was very surprised and excited to see her Nonna, Aunt Sum and Izzy show up at her front door bright and early. The girl loves visitors. The excitement that comes with hearing a knock on the door is hilarious. So we had eggs, donuts and coffee... the girls played, we got them ready and then off we went on the 18 minute road trip to the orchards.
We went to Cherry Hill Orchards (like we did last year) and of course did not have an apple picking plan (just like last year). Let me rephrase that: I knew I wanted Gala apples for baking, I just didn't know what I wanted to bake and I did not have a Plan B when the old timer working told me that they were just about out of those.
So we just went HAM on any apples we found. If it was low enough for Izzy and Victoria to pick, we picked it. If it was laying on the floor, rotten and smashed, my child picked it. That Victoria does not discriminate or leave any apple behind. Then my girl found a ladder. She LOVES to climb right now, she is a monkey. Climb on chairs, climb up the steps... and now: a ladder. Coolest thing to climb on ever. Then it was a fight to get her down and redirect her attention back to our original plan which was apples.
Christine and the kiddos ended up joining which was nice and also went as you would expect: kids pick apples for a few minutes.. kids get bored of picking apples.. grown ups distract kids so grown ups can talk and spend time with each other... kids win and we move onto the Cherry Orchard store which ended (very quickly as tantrums arose) with a pumpkin, cherry cider (so good) and chocolate covered coffee beans (just because).
All in all it was a fun day, I love spending time with my girls and I hope this is something we all do every year until our kids finally get sick of us wanting to do it.





0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner