Tuesday, April 15, 2014

535 E. Orange

We sell our house today, so in a couple of hours we are officially "homeless". The buyers of our home are actually allowing us to stay here until we settle on our new home in two weeks. Thank God. We got lucky to have buyers who are so easygoing and helpful.
When Dan bought this house we had only been dating 3 months... not quite long enough for me to really have any say but just long enough that I got to see the house before he bought it. He lived here with his brother Dave and a fellow coworker named Ben.
I loved and hated this house lol. It was not the best situation to come stay the night and be in a house that was shared between three guys. It was everything you would imagine lol.
By the time I moved into the house (2 years into our relationship) we had some major changes we did to the house. Painted pretty much every room (except for the hallways which are a tan color with dark brown trim) and then there was a wall in the dining room that Dan exposed the brick to and it looks pretty awesome. We had played around with the idea of re-decorating the kitchen but never ended up committing to anything more than painting it because we knew we wouldn't stay in the house too long. From the time I moved in to now we have lived here together for 5 years. I really didn't think I was going to be sad at all with leaving this house.. there are so many things I really hate about it lol. Its 1600 sq ft which is a great size but its an old city home so the style is very narrow and tall. If I am in the kitchen and Dans in the living room, we could never talk to each other or see what the other is trying to do or anything else. The living room is also an odd shape, its like long and skinny so the set up of the couches makes it hard to walk past the fireplace without bumping into it. There is also hardly any closet space or storage at all. There is only one bathroom. Two of the bedrooms are connected by a door. The hallway is really skinny. Sometimes if I am holding Tori in a laying position I cant even lay her out the whole way because she would either hit her head or her feet on the walls.
As I started packing, the things I love about the house has become more and more apparent. Its Dan and I's first house together. Its where we brought home our baby girl. I remember getting up and down the ladder with my big 7 month pregnant belly to paint her nursery(probably not the best idea lol). The many, many nights in our backyard drinking, playing beer pong, flip cup, drinking around the fire with our friends. We literally had like two summers in a row where every weekend was a party at our house. The many days of work watching Dan do the wall in the dining room. The fact that our master bedroom was almost every bedroom in the house (we moved it a lot lol). Our basement stairs that we made people sit in with the bugs if they got shut out during beer pong. Walking to Marion Court. Throwing the ball with Riley out back. Having people sleepover here all the time.
Moving out of this house is a bittersweet feeling. I will miss it for everything that it has meant and brought us the past 5 years. I am also excited for the new chapter we will be starting in our new home. Our family home, our watching our kid(s) grow home, our developing the next parts of our marriage home. Moving on to bigger and better things.










0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner