Friday, February 7, 2014

House hunting

I do this everyday for a living and it does not make it any easier to decide what it is that I want and need in our next home. Let me rephrase that: I know exactly what I want and need in a home. The problem is that so does Dan (lol) and those things happen to not be right on point with each other.
We have started the negotiation process with someone who is interested in buying our house and should have an update in a couple of days. I am trying not to get my hopes up. Go figure, we had totally been ok with the idea of not selling and staying in our current house for at least another year or two... after just under 6 months on the market, our listing expires and the very next day we get a call with an offer on our home. It wasn't quite what we are asking for but it wasn't off by much so now its a waiting game to see if these people will take our counter offer.
Dan and I both like the look of older homes. I like cottage looking houses, neither of us is into the new construction look. We just personally feel like they tend to look the same and don't really stand out. The problem: older houses = older features. I LOVE newer features...central air and natural gas.. good luck finding an old home that has both of those. So then we have to decide.. which takes precedence? The look of the home or the gas/ca systems? What if we find a house that has the old look we like and has central air but then has oil heat? What if we find a house that is the "typical" looking house but has all of the features we like? I want an eat in kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice yard, a finished basement...maybe Im being too picky? I am feeling extra stressed because everything has happened so suddenly which is totally how the real estate industry works anyways but when you haven't been looking for a home for yourself because you didn't think it was in the cards for you right now and then all of a sudden you could possibly be moving in two months, its stressful!
I love looking at houses. I love that I can go into a house and imagine exactly what I would do to the house to make it mine. I believe that is one of my best qualities in being a real estate agent. I love going into a house and letting my mind dream up a home. What colors to paint the walls, where I will set up the couch in my living room, the bed in the bedroom, where will we hang the flat screen tv?  This will be our first official family house that we have picked out together and will hopefully be expanding our family in, the neighborhood our kids will learn to ride their bikes, where I will meet other moms that we have playdates with, etc.
Please send us your good vibes and keep your fingers crossed for us! Thank you!
P.S. why cant we find this house in our price range.. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1400+ sq feet, central air, natural gas, a garage, finished basement, plenty of storage/closets, an eat-in kitchen... Is that too much to ask? LOL

3 Kommentare

  1. I'm a firm believer in turning a house that is almost perfect into something that is more that perfect. If you can get a structure that is close to your aspirations and budget, then by working a bit of magic it doesn't take much to turn it into a home. A home has a soul that is created by the people living in it.

    Elton Rousseau @ Hancock And Partners

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat looking place. One of my friends from when I was very young lived an a home that looked very similar to this one. I remember always feeling very welcome when I pulled up. It must be something about the stone. It makes me feel like I should be inside, laughing with all of my family and friends.

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think half the problem is just exactly that you are so good at seeing how any house could be made into the perfect place. If you can make any of them right, it's so much more difficult to decide which is the perfect one. Still that means you can't go too far wrong- whatever you find you'll make perfect!

    Eddy Clemmons @ No Mortgages Ltd

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner