Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

New years eve is one of my favorite holidays. I love the idea of a new beginning, a fresh start. I know you don't actually need a  new year to start something new, but the idea of a clean slate coming with a new year makes me happy.

2013 was one of the best years of my life. Victoria was born (duh).. but her birth was so much more than her being born... if that makes any sense. With Tori's birth came a new me. I have truly never felt love like I have felt with having a child. I have also not known I could love my husband, my family, my friends... the way I do now. When you give birth, a piece of your heart is officially outside of your body.. it crawls, walks, stands, talks, laughs, cries. It also leaves a piece of your heart inside of you open. Open to love anyone. Open to not judge. Open to have a new found sense of care and community for those around you. I have never wanted to just take care of everyone the way I do now that I am a mother.

Dan and I are more of a team now than we ever have been. If I cook, he cleans.. if I put the baby to sleep, he throws the clothes in the wash... you get the picture. We are talking more, like really talking. We talk about the future, what we want to be as parents, what we want to be for each other, where we see ourselves in 20 years. As parents, we spend a lot more nights in than we do going out. I am so lucky to say we have enough fun with each other that that is totally ok. He is my best friend and if you're going to be stuck inside on a Friday night.. you want it to be with the person who makes you laugh harder than anyone you know, the person you can be a total whack-o in front of. My husband, my best friend.
He is the most amazing father. He looks at Tori in a way he looks at no one else. He is her protector, he adores her and the ground she walks on. They are lucky to have each other.

Professionally I had an awesome year. I am so appreciative of my brokerage, my colleagues, my clients. Everyone involved in my career has influenced me and have been so supportive.

2014 has some seriously awesome shoes to fill. I am SO excited for the possibilities. It is awesome to think that the BEST is even yet to come. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy holiday and  in the new year!
















 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner