Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This and that..

It is bizarre to me how sometimes the days seem to drag on and then all of a sudden you are sitting at your computer, look on the bottom left hand of the screen and see you are already over a week into May.

A couple of updates on the past few days/week:

-This is week two of Victoria only getting up once in the middle of the night. I hope I am not cursing myself right now, but she goes down anywhere between 8:30-10 and then gets up about 5 or 6 hours later and then wants to get up around 7ish for the day. It. is. awesome. I am glad that it seems she likes her sleep as much as mommy does! I will take 4-6 hour intervals. I almost forgot what it is like to not get up every two hours
-Riley officially cries when Tori does. Victoria will cry when she is hungry or needs a diaper change and if it lasts for more than 30 seconds, Riley starts crying and I find myself telling her and Tori both "its ok, Mommy is here" lol so basically I am getting practice balancing two children
-I went away overnight for the first time since Tori has been born and I partied with friends. I was so anxious and upset over the trip the weeks leading up to it, but the day of, for some reason I felt really good. I guess it hit me that hello she was staying with her daddy and Nonna and she would be fine. It felt really good to go out and enjoy myself. Having a kid ages you. I am 25 and my life revolves around my girl, which I love but sometimes I forget what I used to be like. It felt good to do my make up, my hair, wear a sexy dress and dance. I didn't go to Erica's bridal shower since I gave birth that weekend so I was happy to get to participate in her bachelorette party, especially being a bridesmaid I didnt want to miss it. I had a great time and it reminded me just how much I adore my friends :).. and what do ya know? Tori was totally fine and ready for her momma when I got home. I was SO happy to see her, to smell her, kiss her and cuddle her. Oh how I love that girl.
-This weekend is James' bachelor party and Dan will be away for the whole weekend. I am sad hes leaving for that long as weekends are such a special time for us as a family but he will be done with the school year before we know it. 
-Tori is kicking like crazy! She just loves moving her legs and arms it is so cute. She is also "talking" a ton, smiling like crazy and I am even getting some laughs out of her. 
-This weekend is Mothers day. My first mothers day. I am SO excited. As of now the plan is to go to the mothers day parade with my family on Sunday morning and then Dan is going to plan something for us to do as a family in the afternoon/evening when he gets back from AC.
-I have pushed pumping back to every 4.5 hours. As of Sunday I am then going to try to push it back 5 hours, 6 the next, 8 the next etc until my milk is gone which should probably be by the end of the month. I talked to a fellow pumper who recommended that while I have frozen breastmilk I switch back and forth one bottle breastmilk one bottle formula until my milk is gone after I finish pumping this month. 

Enjoy a few pics from the week.. Ill update again soon!


 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner