Friday, March 29, 2013

1 month!

Tori had her one month check up today and it went great. This was the first time we saw this pediatrician at our office and I loved him. She is measuring great, 50% for weight and height. She has gained over a pound since her last appointment which is awesome. I was guessing she would be in the high 7lb range and Dan was guessing high 9lb range and she was right in the middle at 8lbs 11oz. I LOVE hearing how much she has gained. I immediately associate weight gain as her doing well and me doing something right. The pediatrician asked me if this was my first child, when I told him she was he followed it with "You are doing great. I never would have known you were a first time mom, I would have guessed a seasoned vet. Keep doing what you're doing". The doctor has no idea how much that meant to me. Having someone who sees children and parents regularly tell me that he thinks I am doing great was such an amazing feeling. He told me that this month I can expect to see more smiles (on purpose!), see Tori becoming stronger, and usually more sleep. He said most babies (obv not all) tend to start stretching out their sleep feedings to about every 5 hours around the 6 week mark. I will say that as every week comes and goes, people are not lying when they say it gets easier over time. I really feel like Tori and I are starting to get each other and although I certainly don't have all of the answers, I am beginning to get this mom thing down :)

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner