Tuesday, May 15, 2018

the one where Mila is 6 months old

Mila Soleil
 
Six Months Old
 
Size:
I'm guessing somewhere between 16-18 pounds. She's really filling out and comfortably wearing size 6-9 months. 
 
Health:
Runny nose. Hearing follow up scheduled for next month. 6 month well visit tonight.
 
Feeding:
Mila has been taking formula bottles during the day and nursing overnight. As of today, I am trying to wean her from the overnight nursing and move to formula full time. She loves to eat but is still having her terrible gas issues and uncomfortableness overnight.
 
Sleep:
Her naps have been pretty good. She takes a morning and afternoon nap, both lasting anywhere from 1-3 hours. Overnight is a completely different story. Because we haven't been able to figure out what her belly issues are, shes not sleeping at all in the evening. The build up from whatever shes eating all day long hits her hardest at night and she cries, whines and is overall unable to settle herself. I'm lucky if I get a two hour stretch at a time and often the nights end up with me taking her downstairs to roll around until eventually she tires out and naps on me on the couch.
 
Extras:
 
-She is saying "mama" and "baba"
-is sucking on her toes
-can roll anywhere she wants to go
-likes going for walks
-still loves pulling hair
-loves sweet potatoes and pears
 
Some truth: she is my hardest baby. It is all because of her sleep and the gas issues. I have been told a million times that by 6 months old she should outgrow the colic/gas issues. She has only been 6 months old for 4 days so when that change is supposed to kick in, I'm not sure? I wish there was a cure or snap of the fingers I could do to make her better. The lack of sleep is making it really hard to enjoy this last baby of mine. I hate wishing away time and don't like to do it but here I am, wanting to fast forward to a time where her belly is better and I can really soak her in. She is SUCH a sweet girl all day long. She has the most beautiful smile and those eyes... they melt you. Fingers crossed we get some answers for her or at least we get a plan for what we can do to make her belly better so we can enjoy our little girl and this time with our last little baby.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner