Thursday, February 22, 2018

the one where Central is closed for two days

My niece has missed two days of school due to a threat against the school she goes to. Someone has been on social media saying they were going to hurt the students. Our children. They cannot go to school because they could be hurt, or even worse.. killed. After what just happened in Florida (17 people killed in a high school) everything has to be taken seriously.

This isn't supposed to be a political debate.

I have seen many different positions on this whole thing...

"The democrats want to take our guns"
"This is about mental health, not guns"
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"
"Trump should do this..."
"Obama should have done that"
"Guns are my hobby. I shouldn't lose them because of some crazy person"
"Bad guys will always still get their hands on guns if they want"

What I haven't seen enough of which is really hard to wrap my head around is the side that says

"I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN"
 
 
The moment I became pregnant with Tori my entire life changed. Everything I did, from morning to night was with the thought of what was best for her. Of course that meant sacrificing a lot of things I wanted. I have only been a mother for 5 out of the almost 31 years I have been alive and I can barely remember life before being a Mother because of how much it has consumed me. It makes me SO sad to think there are so many people out there who are not willing to do that same thing for our children. You collecting guns.. owning guns being your "constitutional rights"... we need to be making choices NOT based on what you individually want, but what is in the best interest of life's most precious gems.. our babies.
 
I dont have the answer on what we can change or do to make everyone happy. I'm not creative enough for that haha. I just know that something has got to give. Something needs to change to make our babies safe everywhere, especially in schools. I think a good and fair starting point would be putting our kids first.
 
 


1 Kommentar

  1. Yes YES YESSSSSSSSSSS And hugs to you and your sweet kiddo for having to deal with this fear <3

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner