Tuesday, September 13, 2016

the one with Tori's first day of preschool, 3 year old class

I NEED TO GET BETTER WITH MY UPDATES.

So Tori started preschool today.
If you remember, last year she went at two years old to Calvary preschool. She loved it. I loved it. The teachers were great. Tori got along great with her classmates.
I hated how huge it was. I hated the drive. I hated that even though her day was 2.5 hours long it felt more like 2 because we had to leave early to get there and then wait in line to pick her up. Then comes an opening at the preschool which is ONE BLOCK away from our house. We can WALK there. Our neighbors kids have all gone there. Its small. Its close. Good reputation. Sign me up.

Today.. she started at the new school. I wasn't sure how she would take this but figured she is young enough that it wouldn't really matter to her.. or that she wouldn't even notice. I was wrong.
Anytime I would mention her going to school she would mention her friend Mia or Mrs. Davies. Sorry babe- they are at your OLD school. You are going to a NEW school. You will make NEW friends. You will have a NEW teacher.
She got upset at orientation and wasn't very interested in going into her classroom. In her defense.. there are 24 kids in her class. Orientation included the 24 kids.. and their parents.. and for some, even their grandparents. It was loud. It was busy. Tori is not a fan of lots of people close to her. She is not a fan of being over stimulated. Or of sharing.
After a few minutes she got over it and we got to chat with the teachers and a few other parents. Am I the only one who feels like orientation or first day of school etc is like the first day for me too? I got this weird feeling like I needed to talk to everyone and hear their story. I needed to learn names. I needed to find out everything. I am going to blame the sales person in me for it.
So the run down..
24 kids with 4 teachers (pretty good ratio). The kids would be split into two groups, 12 and 12. 2 teachers each. The groups will change. I'm not sure if I like that or not. Tori likes to really get to know her circle. I think it may be confusing to her to have a different mix of kids vs just being with the same 11 all the time. I guess we will see. The classrooms are so nice! They are big, bright, busy looking. Very pre school-ish which made this mommas heart happy. So much to do, so much to see and learn.
Today was only a short day as the parents had to fill out paperwork and stuff, so even though today was officially her first full day, Thursday is the first FULL day.
Victoria loves school. I hope that she does for forever. Mom and Dad were never really school people so we are hoping she can break the cycle lol.



0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner