Monday, October 6, 2014

When your husband sends you shopping for the afternoon

The other day Dan told me "Babe, be ready at 1:15 ish, I have a surprise for you!"
Me: "What do you mean be ready? Like I cant be wearing what I have on right now?"
(I was wearing workout pants and a hoodie)
Dan: "No, something you can wear in public"
(I had worn that outfit in public to market in the morning LOL)

And then the anxiety kicks in... "Babe, do I need something dressy? Casual? Are you coming with me? Is someone babysitting Tori? Do we have to take her somewhere? Is someone coming here?"

Finally, I twist his arm enough to tell me what his surprise was.
He said that the other day he was enjoying a cup of coffee out back while I was grocery shopping with Tori and he said it felt so good to just be able to enjoy his coffee without worrying.. "Is Tori eating something?" .."She just fell, is she ok?".. and he said it made him think about how that's what I have to do all day everyday and he wanted me to get a day to myself.

He called my bestie Courtney and arranged for us to have a Pedicure date and then we went to the mall and went shopping. I got a super cute shirt and a necklace. I couldn't believe how much I hated the mall on a Saturday afternoon LOL. I have been spoiled by being able to go during the day when its dead... yeah sure I may have to deal with a meltdown from my toddler but its better than dealing with all of the strangers lol. The best part was definitely the pedi and spending time with my bestie. We don't get much time just the two of us :) it was like old (sober) times.

I am so appreciative of my very thoughtful husband :)

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner