Wednesday, December 6, 2017

the one with Mila's birth story

Mila Soleil is here! Oh wait, she has been for almost a month already haha. To say Im a bit behind on the posts is an understatement.

I'm a sucker for a birth story and love reliving mine. So without further delay.. here is my littlest girls' birth story...

Rewind to Friday the 10th. It was around 5pm and I all of a sudden remembered that I couldn't figure out the last time I felt the baby kick. The day was busy, I was running around with the kiddos a lot.. usually her kicks can stop me in my tracks and I couldn't remember it happening. I ate some ice cream or something else sweet (I cant remember what exactly).. and there was maybe one or two kicks.. but not her usual.
I called into the dr who had me go into May Grant after hours to be checked out. The nurses hooked me up to a bunch of machines and did some testing and came to see that the babys heart rate was elevated. Super elevated. 170s/180s (her typical heart rate was around 140). They couldn't figure out what would be causing that and sent me to triage. More tests. More monitoring etc.. babys heart rate was still elevated and with my due date being the following day, they decided to induce me. A baby born on their actual due date, yay! Apparently that only happens like, 3% of the time or something crazy like that.
I was very surprised to find that the third time around, contractions were not kicking my ass the way they did with my first two deliveries. My first two deliveries, I was more than ready for my epidural around 3cm dilated and this third time around.. I was at 6cm dilated before I even really considered the epidural. The nurse told me that if I was considering an epidural, I should order it soon because there is a point of no return where they wouldn't be able to give me one. The idea of pushing a baby out with no epidural was not even an option in my mind so I ordered it at that point. The anesthesiologist came to give me the epidural and I wasn't feeling nervous at all. I remembered with Tori and Avas births that I hardly felt the epidural.. and I came to realize that was because my contractions were so terrible that the epidural needle felt like nothing. I was just desperate for the meds. This time around, with my contractions not being so rough, the epidural was brutal. I felt everything. I had nothing to distract me from the pain and I cried a lot. I was not expecting that at all. I guess that goes with giving birth though, you really don't know what to expect. Once my epidural was all set I started having issues with the epidural. My entire left side (from about my armpit down) was numb. My entire right side I could feel. It was so strange. It took what felt like awhile for the doctor to get everything even. I had to switch to certain positions to get the meds to come into me in different ways, etc. I will say, after all is said and done, I still swear by the epidural lol.
Fast forward (not really so fast because it was about 24 hours total) to pushing. A total breeze. I had to try a couple different positions to find my rhythm but a short ten minutes of pushing later and baby Mila was born. 8lbs 1oz. I do not have small babies when they are full term. She has dark hair and was puffy (not as much as Ava was at birth).. the third time around, was just as sweet as the last two times. She was so beautiful, they laid her on my chest, there were happy tears shed and I kissed her little wet head and smelled that amazing newborn smell and couldn't believe she was finally here. Our third duck. Here to complete our family.

#thererasisters #rerapartyof5
 

 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner