Thursday, August 31, 2017

the one where Dad is back to work, weeks 1-2

I would be lying if I didn't admit I was borderline terrified of Dan going back to work this last week. I mean, its funny.. when the summer starts, I very quickly forget how I managed with just my own two hands. Work, the kids, errands, the gym, playing, bathtime, groceries, cleaning the house.. it seemed impossible. There is no way I can manage that. I went through a stage of denial (lol).. hey, if you pretend the school year isn't a week away, it doesn't come, right? As if this isn't how every school year goes (since Tori was born).
Then it came, the school year. Daddy leaves at 7am and doesn't return until 3:30. I know, that's not a bad day at all. And for the most part, when Daddy is home at 3:30, he's truly home with us with not too much work to bring home.
And no surprise- I have managed life with no day time help. We very quickly got back into our school year routine. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to the gym/play dates depending on the day, have lunch, Ava naps while Tori has quiet time, Ava wakes up, we play outside or run errands, Daddy is home. Next week we add Toris school schedule (pre-k, ahhh!) back into the routine. This year itll be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, extended days of 9:30-2:30. We will miss Tori terribly but I am very excited for some one on one time with Ava before the new baby gets here. Ava has never had that time with just me. We will be able to go to the library if we want to (baby girl has never been to a toddler time!), go for walks, play.. just Ava girl and Momma.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner