Thursday, February 2, 2017

the one where I finally post a life update

Oops, I seem to have missed January.

Life has been crazy and that is my only excuse.

Dans grandmother recently moved in with us while she is figuring out a more long term plan as far as her life goes. She recently had some health issues (I have decided that once you hit 80- getting old sucks lol) and needs some assistance as she is rebuilding her strength and just in general taking on a new chapter of life. The previous owners of our home had a son who was in a wheelchair so they had a handicap accessible bedroom and full bathroom added onto the first floor of the home when he had his accident. Dan, my dear husband with the huge heart- felt that it was a sign that we should help his grandmother since logistically we had the best set up for her. I'm Italian and we take care of people for life. Its just how it is. So I got on board. I know that if this was my grandmother (who I am very close with), I would need Dan to be understanding and willing to help as well. We are a family and this is what family is for.

We had been using the first floor bedroom as a playroom. Tori wasn't thrilled about losing her playroom but we explained to her that the loss is only temporary and now she gets to have a lot of the toys in her bedroom. And in the dining room. And in the sunroom. A little bit of toys everywhere lol.

Tori has been sleeping terribly the past couple of months and it is really starting to take its toll on me. Mostly because it is starting to take its toll on her. She is tired. ALL DAY. She just doesn't want to sleep. She doesn't nap (and hasn't for years). And a tired toddler means a completely insane toddler. I cant reason with her. She hates anything and everything. Lavendar oils, nightlights, ceiling lights, star/window lights, mattress on the floor, stuffed animals, take toys away, give rewards.. we have tried.it.all.

And on a lighter note- its February. This month brings settlement(s), a child-free dinner with my husband (trading babysitting services is the best idea ever!), 3 childrens birthday parties and much more! Pray for our family that Tori starts getting some sleep!


A pic of Me, Tori, Izzy and Ava at Hersheys Chocolate World last weekend :)
 

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner