Saturday, November 26, 2016

the one with a nursiversary

I may have just made that word up.
We are four days out from Ava's first birthday which means so many things. It means my baby is ONE. It means we survived year one of life as a family of four. It means I have NURSED MY BABY FOR ONE YEAR.
 
Guysssssssssssssssssssssss- I cannot even. Seriously. One year!!

One year of never leaving my babys side for more than 3 hours at a time.
One year of wearing clothes that made my boobs easily accessible.
One year of never leaving my kids overnight.
One year of watching what I eat so it doesn't upset my babys belly.
One year of watching what meds I take so it doesn't effect my baby.
One year of not washing bottles and nipples.
One year of wondering if I would be shamed for breastfeeding in public.
One year of planning my days around nursing my baby.
One year of planning work around nursing my baby.
One year of answering questions like "are you going to nurse her til shes 16?!"
One year of an intimate one on one connection with my baby.
One year of soaking in every nursing moment just in case this is my last go of all things baby.
One year of my body not really being "mine".
One year of nursing through sickness.

One year of nursing.

I survived the tears, the questions (so. many. questions).........

We made it. A whole year and Ava is going strong.

And now on that note: Anyone have any tips for weaning? Mom needs a break lol.






1 Kommentar

  1. Oh way to go Ang! So huge right!?! I nursed Dom till he was 15 months and weaning was totally his call. I'm still sad it's over but he is my baby. We sleep trained him shortly before he turned one so that cut out all night feedings which helped a ton. I just started picking up on his cues. He didn't nurse easily towards the end and it was like well guess he's over it. And he was. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner