Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas for two

Merry Christmas everyone! I cannot believe another holiday has come and gone. As you get older, it seems the holidays change more and more... it doesn't hit home the way it used to. This holiday has been special and different because with my niece Isabella, we are getting the opportunity to live the holidays, and really to live life, through her eyes. There is nothing more amazing then the excitement a child has while he/she is getting to know the world around them.. the traditions.. the time with family... building memories is what it is all about and I am so happy to have Izzy around to remind us of that.
Sunday we had brunch with Dans mom, brother and our sister in law. It was a fun, chill morning which didn't start until a bit later in the day which was nice since we had Chris' bday celebrations the night before. I am really glad Dans parents work with us as far as spreading out holiday celebrations because I am not sure how we would manage it with a baby. Christmas eve we spent with my moms side of the family at my parents house. If there is one thing EVERYONE knows about me it is how wild my moms side of the family is lol. There is no one quite like a Krebs, we work hard, play hard and love hard. There is absolutely no judgment and we tend to spend the evening laughing til we cry. This holiday was no different as my brother gave us some good quotes, my mom may or may not have done some booty shaking and I found my belly hurting from too much laughter and caught myself a few times wondering how loud I was for the baby lol. After my parents we went to James and Erica's house with a few friends and we spent the evening playing 'Cards against humanity' and again with the laughter.. I surround myself with a lot of funny people.
Today I woke up earlier than Dan so after feeding Riley I let her do one of her favorite things ever, wake Dan up LOL... she jumps in bed, rolls around like a crazy person and barks her brains out.. this wakes us both up better than any alarm clock ever could. We then went to my parents where we made some egg nog baked French toast.. It was pretty good, if interested check out my pinterest.. I have it pinned on my "yummy" board. We opened presents with the fam which is fun and this year came complete with a pair of Hannukah boxers for Dan lol. We then went to my Aunt Josephines and spent time with my dads side of the family.
I told Dan I hope our next house is big enough we can pile everyone into it and have one HUGE holiday. 
I hope everyone had a great holiday!! Ours was FAB and EXHAUSTING!

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner