Thursday, March 21, 2013

3 weeks and Im obsessed

Mommy is having a late night blog session because lets be honest, during the day, all I want to do is cuddle and stare at my girl. No really, I don't put her down. My pediatrician told me that babies have no concept of pattern or "getting spoiled" their first couple of months of life so I figured I am going to take advantage of that time. I stare at her beautiful eyes, her perfect little nose and her adorable lips. I rub her chubby cheeks and smell her and give her a million kisses. I cannot get enough of her. I ask her if she knows how much mommy loves her... and if she promises to be mine forever.. a couple of times the past few days when I have told her I love her she has given me the most adorable smile. No really, my kid smiles ALL the time. She has the best facial expressions and is very animated like Mommy. She will be 3 weeks on Saturday. This week seems like it really flew by. I don't know if it was because we visited my parents in the middle of the week or what?.. I am loving getting to take her places, it makes the day go by faster and it puts me in a great mood getting some fresh air. She is so easy to travel with. She loves her car seat and doesn't make a peep in the car. She is just so, so chill. Knock on wood that she stays this way, but she definitely gets that from her daddy, just very go with the flow and easy. Nights are pretty hit or miss. She has mostly been getting up every 3 hours and our routine is feed, burp, change, back to bed. The whole process is only 15-20 minutes and then I pump which takes me to about 45 minutes of being up. She did have a night or two where she got up and did not want to go back to sleep. That was rough but thankfully after a middle of the day nap we were fine. Last night she did really good. It was her first night doing 4 hour intervals, she woke up at 2am and 6am and then again around 8:30. It was amazing how much of a difference I felt getting to sleep for 4 hours in a row. I still ended up napping today which I am blaming on the fact that I did nothing all day, we literally stayed in our pajamas and just hung out the whole day, and when I say hung out I mean we literally watched 4 episodes of Dr. Phil. I didn't even shower until Dan got home lol. I am trying not to get too used to her routine now as every parent tells me their childs routine changed pretty often the first few weeks/months of their lives.. but I will say that every week that passes I feel more and more like I am getting the hang of it. Thank God. I feel like I am starting to become a "real mom".. like I was meant to be Victoria's mother. I was meant to know how she is, know what she likes, what she doesn't, know how to make her happy, make her feel safe and content. She fills my heart in a way that I didn't know possible. I didn't know anything was truly missing in my life until I met her. My sweetheart, my darling, my daughter.

0 Kommentare

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner